“Good food, cheap, large portions”
Review of Chinese Happiness

Chinese Happiness
Ranked #46 of 201 Restaurants in Gresham
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 27 June 2018

The title pretty much says it all. I usually order takeout here but always have some to take home if we eat in. One thing to watch: They have RC cola out of the fountain and Coke in cans. If you order a Coke, you will pay out the wazoo and not get a refill. The RC alternative is dreadful but comes with free refills. This detail prevents me from being able to leave a five star review.

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

My family has raved about CH in the past but nobody has been here for several years. We arrived about 6:30 on a Saturday night, not busy. We were seated promptly and professionally accommodated. Chinese restaurants are generally faster than most others, but the waitress was back with our main courses before we barely a chance to enjoy the appetizers. The first thing I noticed was the processed chicken (like chicken nuggets) covered with a orange glaze sauce. This Orange Chicken never saw a wok, it was warmed on an oven tray. The Chow Mein was cold and old, the noodles were dry , hard, and stuck together!The Beef Broccoli was Luke warm and bland. In 70+ years of traveling through most of Asia, I have to say the rice was the worst I have even eaten. It had to be over a day old! One big sticky lump!The average is because several people thathave never been out of the Pacific North West and apparently have grown up accepting this quality of food as “good”. If my family and friends come back here,it will be without me!

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

This was our second "Chinese" choice off the TA reviews, our first had too long of a wait, but we weren't disappointed at all! We were seated quickly, and food came out fast. All of the staff was friendly. The food was good, my husband gave the egg foo young 5 stars, my chicken lo mein was a bit dry but good flavor and lots of chicken. Huge portions at a good price.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

We have came to this restaurant for 20 years. It is consistently excellent food. The prices are reasonable and staff is very friendly. We moved out of the area about 3 years ago. But, whenever we are in Gresham this is still our favorite restaurant to eat at. Keep up the excellent food and service!

Reviewed 20 December 2016

We hadn't eaten at Chinese Happiness for several years but we recently moved back to the area so decided to order some takeout. This restaurant used to be one of our favorite but yesterday's meal changed that. My husband's order was wrong. The staff told him it was similar to what he did order so he decided to try something new as well as save time in not having to wait for the right order. Instead of rice, he got mushy noodles. The broccoli was cooked to mush and the entire dish was greasy, with the taste of old grease.. I ordered the vegetable lo mein. I too had the mushy noodles. Instead of a variety of vegetables, the "vegetable" was mostly onion, with a few pea pods and water chestnuts thrown in. It was heavy on the horrible noodles, light on the main ingredients. I've never left a bad review for a restaurant, ever. But this time, I feel I must. I don't know what happened at Chinese Happiness but it has gone considerably downhill. I've never had such horrible food. It was a total waste of money.

Been to Chinese Happiness? Share your experiences!