Going the extra mile **literally**
I stayed here while I was taking the bar exam in Clackamas. I figured it would be a good place to get away from bar-induced stress (and I was right -- couldn't imagine a more relaxing set-up.) The morning of my bar exam, I thought I locked my keys in my car, which was going to make me late to the exam, and would make me automatically fail. The owners were so nice they volunteered to wake up early and drive me to Clackamas. I later found the keys so I didn't need the help, but that's just one indication of how much these innkeepers value their guests.
I've stayed at a lot of B and B's (maybe 10 per year for the last four years) and this inn is among the top two!
Here are just some of the other details that made this place such a joy:
1) Quiet forested location near the city
2) Fantastic food. Breakfasts start with berries and creme fresh and then progress to either custard pancakes or an omelette. The chef buys fresh produce every day at the farmer's market, and it shows!
3) Free wine (red and white) and chocolate in the afternoon.
4) Good towels (fluffy and thick)
5) Charming craftsman style house
6) Innkeepers who really care.
I would be back here in a heartbeat.More
- Free Wifi