“A Bite of Gresham”

Add it.
Casie's Cafe
Ranked #110 of 200 Restaurants in Gresham
Reviewed 28 September 2016

For this review I ended up doing something a little different. My parents had recently gone to Casie's Cafe end enjoyed it thoroughly. So much so, that they insisted on bringing something back. What I received when they returned home was a lukewarm "Pastie" as it is called on their menu with some reheating instructions.

The menu at Casie's describes it by saying, "curried vegetables baked in phyllo dough served with a house salad." This is a simple description for what turned out to be a complex dish. I reheated the dish as instructed by their note, something I wish more restaurants would do, and dug in. The flavors were an exquisite blend of spices. I detected hints of cloves, turmeric, and cumin. It delightfully danced on the tongue while filling the air with a sweetness that I imagine can only be topped by a fresh presentation of the dish on site.

I did not eat anything else from Casie's but this reheated dish was enough to make me want to go to their restaurant at the next opportunity. Though it is not featured prominently when Googled I foresee it becoming an epicenter of Gresham Cuisine.

1  Thank ichimyaku