“Horrible!”

Herb's la Casita
Ranked #151 of 217 Restaurants in Grants Pass
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Reviewed 20 April 2018

I live in GP & visit a lot of bars & restaurants. Stopped at the lounge a few minutes ago just to have a pit stop and text a friend to maybe come meet me. Dead inside, took the bartender a good 5 minutes to leave the games and come over to the bar and then he frisbees a coaster at me and says,"with ya in a minute" and walks away. I left then & as i walked out one of the 3 people at the bar said "night night" with a smirk. Strange vibe, Very unpleasant!

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

This old place needs a lot of work. Last time it was cleaned or updated was about 1955. We had simple breakfast which was ...uh simple. But I was concerned with the cleanliness of the kitchen after seeing the rest of the place. I think it was a very busy trucker and roadstop back when this road was the main highway. And most of the customers look like they never left.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Have eaten here many times! Great food, friendly staff and definitely get your stomach full! If you can eat it all you must be really hungry! The pancakes are the size of a dinner plate ! The Mexican fare is ok too, the food is always fresh. The service is always with a smile. Go for it!

Reviewed 14 August 2017

This is the worst restaurant ever!!!
Sent my meal back twice and it was still uncooked!
I will never return!

1  Thank gerham50
Reviewed 9 August 2017

I get that this place looks tacky, even a little dingy. It has the paneling, carpet, ceiling, gold-tone light fixtures, and cheesy wood grained laminate counters that come straight out of the early 1980's.

But every time I've been there, the food and service have been excellent. It has become a favorite for my wife and I to sneak out for a Saturday morning breakfast. The pancakes and chicken-friend steak are amazing!