“Only had Beers Not Food”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
H Street Bar and Eatery
Ranked #145 of 218 Restaurants in Grants Pass
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 20 July 2016

Interesting and quiet place. Have been here a few times while seeing shows at the theater just down the street, beers are much more reasonably priced. One can sneak out between bands and grab a few before heading back. Service has been interesting, pretty sure the owner has been behind the bar most times. Did offer us some free snacks once, maybe it was tuna on a cracker? Didn't sample any. Used to have bands playing here, but have not seen that in awhile. Nice quiet place to grab a beer and shoot some pool. Has an outdoor patio for smokers. This place closes early

Reviewed 22 September 2015

no juke box, dishonest bartender, short change artist. Bartender unprofession. employees in swet pants. No music, no jukebox

2  Thank David D
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Do you ever remember ordering a hamburger from somewhere like back in the 60's, 70's or so, and you start eating it, and before you know it, and as you are thoroughly enjoying it, you look down and it is gone??? That's the way it is here!! I promise you will crave the burger once you have had one!! Of course, they have other wonderful pub food, great soups, and fries!! It is also decorated kinda like the Cheers Bar on the tv show...you feel very comfortable there. Kids can eat there, too before 9pm. Anything you order will be delicious....just writing this I am craving my favorite hamburger in Grants Pass from the H Street Bar and Eatery!! Hmmmm...maybe I will go there for lunch tomorrow!!

Reviewed 27 May 2013

I always like H Street Bar and Eatery. Not a big selection of beer on tap, but the ones they do have are good. Food pretty decent for a bar.. made to order, so that's a plus. The atmosphere is nice, but for some reason it's never crowded.. I don't get why, but I personally don't mind.. it's why I always go back!

Reviewed 20 February 2012

I really liked the H Street Bar ad Eatery.

First I tried their grilled Reuben and was impressed by how nicely the melted cheese coordinated with sauerkraut and roast beef. I think of this ultimate combination of ingredients as a match made in heaven by an artist of culinary (the bartender Michael).

My side dish was crinkly fries and they were as fully crunchy as I always expect from the best restaurants. Even though they were plenty seasoned in themselves, I thought it was a very nice touch when I found a small container of ranch made on the spot just when we came in. To me most of the dining atmosphere is comprised of such small but pleasurable events.

The music when it was turned on was in moderate volume which I appreciated and its quality was pleasant to the ear, starting with one of Beatles classic songs.

I would also like to point out that the stools were very comfortable for my back and legs and after a while in many places I find myself moving around in discomfort, so that kind of comfort always encourages me to stay longer.

Finally, I was impressed by the fairness of prices in a bar. Even though each of us had a full meal with a White Russian, we spent only around 20 bucks.

The service was impeccable. The bartender was attentive to our needs, engaged us in a stimulating conversation, then served the meals and the drinks quickly and in a great condition. Overall very pleasing and highly recommended.

1  Thank Ishamael M