“yummy chicken fried steak”
Review of Black Forest

Black Forest
Ranked #120 of 214 Restaurants in Grants Pass
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 15 July 2015

We had visited her a couple years ago and were able remember where it was. Food was very good. My husband had the fried chicken and I had the chicken fried steak. They have a very nice children's men thsf my grandson picked from and very reasonable. They were pretty busy but our server was very apologetic. They could use a bus person.

Reviewed 13 July 2015

The restaurant stays open Sunday night which is in itself impressive not only by local standards of Grants Pass but most of Oregon. There was enough parking space, we got the seats quickly.
The food was awesome. Many traditional American dishes but made really well. Meat Loaf, Pot Roast, soups, burgers, pasta, salads, pies, sundaes and shakes are some interesting categories to look at. I tried potatoes skins from the appetizer section, and they were very generously sized potatoes wedges, sprinkled with real tasting bacon bits and cheddar cheese. The side dish was in itself big enough to be its own meal, which is how I like it.
The creamy chicken noodle soup that came with my pot roast dinner was very flavorful, I have eaten maybe hundreds of chicken noodle soups and never saw its like in any state. The meat in pot roast was tender, cut into small chunks, I had some reservations at first about getting it because so many restaurants failed to flavor it right, but this one was spot on.
The pineapple shake was really nice. The sundae came with several toppings, but my eyes never moved past one of the options, butter scotch! The sundae comes in a small boat with peanuts and a cherry on top.
The prices are very nice. I could think of a breakfast place in town where you could eat cheap but no single place serving lunch or dinner, including possibly fast food and oriental places(being the cheapest I could think of).
The amounts are astounding. I really do eat a lot, never lost an eating bet to people three times bigger than me, and the amounts are sufficient even on my scale. The average person could probably make several meals out of it. If you are passing by, you simply have to try it out, I know I will be back myself, after discovering it today.

Reviewed 24 February 2015

Terrible service.. horrible waitresses. Food was ok but could be better.. they need better customer service. Waitress was really rude.

Reviewed 20 January 2015

If you are looking for good food, good prices, good service, go no where else but there. You get so much food for your money I always have to take half of it home with me.... Hope you enjoy..

Reviewed 6 January 2015

On Sunday after church we go out for lunch and we try to go to difference place. Black Forest was out choice and we found the menu had liver and onions, so that we decided on. Being older people we always split the meal as we don't eat as much. The waitress split everything from the salad the the main course.