Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews condo unit location is great comfortable stay skiing timberline appliances
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 March 2017

We recently stayed at government camp, oregon and went skiing at timberline and ski bowl. The condominium was 3 levels with the bottom level being a heated garage. this unit was pet friendly( we had a dog). The unit was gorgeous and newer. The staff was extremely helpful at collins Lake. The rate was very reasonable as well. Very nice hot tub, heated pool and sauna. Walking distance to a number of bars/restaurants. Government camp is quiet overall but has all the amenities you need for a ski vacation. Mt.hood is very impressive and the snow this year is unbelievable. over 500 inches so far. I would highly recommend to anyone.

Date of stay: March 2017
1  Thank davidkY4109CS
Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

We rented #55 strictly that this unit allowed pets. The garage are nice being they are equipped with a heater it was nice being able to dry out the van over night. The kitchen is very spacious and to our suprise very well stocked pretty much everything you need. The living room was nicely decorated but did not have enough seating though just a two seat couch with a chase and two chairs. This unit avertised for 8 people we could not all gather in the living room only the kitchen table to play games or hang out and those kitchen chairs are hard. The balcony is nice but unfortunately it is on the highway side so its a bit noisy. I did notice thrg had a barbaque but we did not use it to cold fof that. We had come in later in the evening as i was unpacking i noticed the bed spread and pillows are covered in multiple different hairs. I immediately took them off and put them in the corner but being placed on the clean sheets hair made it's way on to them. What was really gross was the amouny of hair and nasty yellow stains once i took off the pillow cases to wash them. I mentioned this to the redt of our friends they all found there beds in thr same condition nasty yellow stained pillows comforters with hair all over them. Dont get me started on the mattress pad just nasty. So i spent my night washing sheets and pillow cases thankfully in the garage are washer and dryers. So since i lost my comforter i thought let me look in the closet for a blanket yes found one but again full of hair gross. Who ever painted this unit did a horrible job just painted over cords and iam not entirely sure what is happening to the ceiling in one of the bedrooms. We did not spend much time in the units but these are not cheap and to have to find your beds like that is unacceptable. I understand they allow pets but thats why we pay the pet fee because you are being paid extra to wash the comfoters and decorative pillow cases each time a dog stays because they do shed. If I was to consider coming back with or without my dog I'd make sure arrive before the office closes to address any issues thst come up.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Nikki_Smalley, Director of Sales at Collins Lake Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2017

Dear 0Dont_worry0,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to receive feedback from all our guests to improve our resort. Collins Lake Resort & Grand Lodges features many units that welcome pets for a small fee ranging from 50-100 dollars. This special accommodation allows families to ensure that all family members can join in on the fun. Pet friendly unit #55 is a very nice chalet that accommodates 8 people total. It features a king bed in the master and guest bedroom, a bunk with full bottom, and a pull-out sleeper sofa in the living room. Unfortunately, the chalets are only 1,250 square feet, and this does not allow for a large amount of space in the living room. Upon booking, we typically recommend a Grand Lodge unit for families over 6. The Grand Lodges are almost 2,000 square feet and have more room for entertaining larger groups.

In regards to the hairs and stains we sincerely apologize. We want our guests to have the most relaxing experience and finding hairs and stains on the bedding is not the best start to your stay. Upon arrival, we give you a packet with information about your unit and our resort. In this packet, there is a security after hours number that is bolded throughout the packet in case there are any issues after the office closes. In a case like yours, if you were to call security they would have promptly gotten you clean bedding for the dirty beds. We did send over housekeeping staff immediately in the morning when we were notified of this issue. We never want our guests to worry about bedding, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

We hope in the future you will consider us again for your stay on Mt. Hood. We have plenty of Chalets and Grand Lodges that allow pets. We recommend next time trying out one of our Grand Lodges. Collins Lake Resort & Grand Lodges will be happy to help you with anything further!

See you on the mountain,

Reviewed 30 January 2017

Super clean, great location, discounts at local shops and restaurants, staff was very attentive. Stayed in #103 in the South Grand Lodge - beds were great, living room furniture very comfortable. We'll definitely be back.

Date of stay: January 2017
Reviewed 29 January 2017

Our family enjoyed our first visit to Collins Lake Resort staying in the Grand Lodge North (unit #15). The "Heather(s)" in the front office offered friendly hospitality and cheerfully answered our many questions concerning shuttles, weather conditions, etc. Our condo had a very open concept, but did not have many windows to let in light during the wintry days. In every other way, it was well-appointed with the added amenity of a private HOT TUB on the balcony. You have access to a private parking garage with an elevator. The Resort also has great SKI FREE offers at Mt Hood Skibowl and Timberline during mid-week & non-holidays, as well as discounts on equipment & lessons. There is a decent little grocery store and restaurants near by (we enjoyed eating at Glacier Haus Bistro--yummy Hungarian goulash!). Collins Lake Resort was a wonderful place for our family to make memories together.

Date of stay: January 2017

Grace2joy,
Thank you for the great review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed GL 15. It is one of our most desired condos with the private hot tub on the balcony looking out at the lake. Our ski free mid week offer a great deal for those who can travel during the week. Last of all I am very pleased that the staff was hospitable and that they were knowledgeable. We hope you come back and see us again on the Mountain.

Reviewed 16 January 2017

Two families stayed in Unit #22 from Dec. 26 - 31st. The most important thing to know about this unit is there's no Wifi. Be sure to ask if the condo unit has wifi as they are individually owned.

My biggest complaint is I was not able to purchase the advertised discounted lift tickets. I was told by one staff member the office would be open until 7 pm, and went to purchase discounted lift tix for Timberline around 6:15 pm and the office was closed. At check out time, the office near the condo office was closed (although it was supposed to be open for check out) so I drove up to the main office, checked out, and explained about the lift ticket situation to a woman named Heather. Heather said I'd been told the wrong office hours. She went on to explain that they had to close early as they were short staffed. I asked to be reimbursed for the difference between the full price lift tickets I had to pay at Timberline and the discounted ones the resort offers -- these discounts were a large reason why our two families opted to stay at the property and she declined and just apologized for the fact I'd been given the wrong information. While I empathize with staffing shortages, I feel it is unfair that I had to pay full price because a company representative gave me the wrong information. The office could've texted or emailed all guests to let them know they were closing at a given time and avoided this situation.

Two other notes:
1.) The shuttle service between Mt. Hood and the resort does not run as frequently as stated...prepare to wait in the cold.
2.) Common areas (where there's wifi) are drab. There was an old fashioned popcorn maker in the corner of the office area near the condos. I asked what time the popcorn was made as I'm sure my kids would love it. The worker said they hadn't had popcorn in years! (So why is the machine still there?).

Net-net: Collins Lake Resort is not what it's cracked up to be. Keep looking.

Room tip: Ask about wifi if staying in a condo. Staff may/may not provide accurate information. Double check everything you're told.
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Nikki_Smalley, Director of Sales at Collins Lake Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2017

Dear Jill M,
Thank you for the review. I sincerely apologize for the miscommunication during your stay. Our office hours are advertised from 9am-5pm which they typically are. During our busy holiday season, we try to extend our hours to accommodate our guests so they may purchase discounted tickets in the evenings, as well as the mornings before they head up to the mountain. As you stated, each condo is individually owned, so it is up to the owners to provide wireless internet and this unit did not advertise as such . Our clubhouse area does have open internet connectivity to accommodate guests whose units do not have wi-fi. As far as the free Skibowl shuttle, unfortunately, we do not have any control over their schedule and can only provide estimated times of arrival. I hope that this clears up your concerns and we hope to see you again on the mountain.