Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews condo unit location is great comfortable stay skiing timberline appliances
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 January 2017

Our family enjoyed our first visit to Collins Lake Resort staying in the Grand Lodge North (unit #15). The "Heather(s)" in the front office offered friendly hospitality and cheerfully answered our many questions concerning shuttles, weather conditions, etc. Our condo had a very open concept, but did not have many windows to let in light during the wintry days. In every other way, it was well-appointed with the added amenity of a private HOT TUB on the balcony. You have access to a private parking garage with an elevator. The Resort also has great SKI FREE offers at Mt Hood Skibowl and Timberline during mid-week & non-holidays, as well as discounts on equipment & lessons. There is a decent little grocery store and restaurants near by (we enjoyed eating at Glacier Haus Bistro--yummy Hungarian goulash!). Collins Lake Resort was a wonderful place for our family to make memories together.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Nikki_Smalley, Director of Sales at Collins Lake Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2017

Grace2joy,
Thank you for the great review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed GL 15. It is one of our most desired condos with the private hot tub on the balcony looking out at the lake. Our ski free mid week offer a great deal for those who can travel during the week. Last of all I am very pleased that the staff was hospitable and that they were knowledgeable. We hope you come back and see us again on the Mountain.

Reviewed 16 January 2017

Two families stayed in Unit #22 from Dec. 26 - 31st. The most important thing to know about this unit is there's no Wifi. Be sure to ask if the condo unit has wifi as they are individually owned.

My biggest complaint is I was not able to purchase the advertised discounted lift tickets. I was told by one staff member the office would be open until 7 pm, and went to purchase discounted lift tix for Timberline around 6:15 pm and the office was closed. At check out time, the office near the condo office was closed (although it was supposed to be open for check out) so I drove up to the main office, checked out, and explained about the lift ticket situation to a woman named Heather. Heather said I'd been told the wrong office hours. She went on to explain that they had to close early as they were short staffed. I asked to be reimbursed for the difference between the full price lift tickets I had to pay at Timberline and the discounted ones the resort offers -- these discounts were a large reason why our two families opted to stay at the property and she declined and just apologized for the fact I'd been given the wrong information. While I empathize with staffing shortages, I feel it is unfair that I had to pay full price because a company representative gave me the wrong information. The office could've texted or emailed all guests to let them know they were closing at a given time and avoided this situation.

Two other notes:
1.) The shuttle service between Mt. Hood and the resort does not run as frequently as stated...prepare to wait in the cold.
2.) Common areas (where there's wifi) are drab. There was an old fashioned popcorn maker in the corner of the office area near the condos. I asked what time the popcorn was made as I'm sure my kids would love it. The worker said they hadn't had popcorn in years! (So why is the machine still there?).

Net-net: Collins Lake Resort is not what it's cracked up to be. Keep looking.

Room tip: Ask about wifi if staying in a condo. Staff may/may not provide accurate information. Double check everything you're told.
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Nikki_Smalley, Director of Sales at Collins Lake Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2017

Dear Jill M,
Thank you for the review. I sincerely apologize for the miscommunication during your stay. Our office hours are advertised from 9am-5pm which they typically are. During our busy holiday season, we try to extend our hours to accommodate our guests so they may purchase discounted tickets in the evenings, as well as the mornings before they head up to the mountain. As you stated, each condo is individually owned, so it is up to the owners to provide wireless internet and this unit did not advertise as such . Our clubhouse area does have open internet connectivity to accommodate guests whose units do not have wi-fi. As far as the free Skibowl shuttle, unfortunately, we do not have any control over their schedule and can only provide estimated times of arrival. I hope that this clears up your concerns and we hope to see you again on the mountain.

Reviewed 12 January 2017 via mobile

Our family travels often and we return to Collins lake resort as much as we can. Great variety of rooms to choose from as most units are privately owned. If you watch the website they often provide special rates that make it more affordable. Great to have a kitchen to cook most of your meals.

Date of stay: November 2016

Dear Alea K,
Thank you for the great review. I am pleased to hear you're family had another enjoyable stay here at Collins Lake Resort. With our ski free mid week special is it very affordable. We look forward to you're future visits here with us.

Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

Every morning, several times, they conveniently have a snow truck wake up the entire neighborhood in the name of plowing the snow away. Not that they need to plow snow directly below my window, and maneuver around for 5 minutes before it moves on to the next neighborhood that needs waking up.

To make it even better, I would also wake up every morning to stifling heat, with my bed wet from sweat, and a head ache because of the heat. The vents are on the ceiling (which is 15 feet high), so we couldn't close them. Their guy "fixed" our thermostat but it didn't change anything. The only solution was to turn off the heat, but seeing how we are here in January, then the house freezes. Not worth the money or the time.

Which is better? Freezing cold or boiling hot? Expect both when you stay here.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Nikki_Smalley, Director of Sales at Collins Lake Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2017

Hello Nick C,
Thank you for the review. On behalf of the resort I apologize for the snow plow disturbance. As you witnessed, it is necessary for our guests to be able to get out of our resort to make it to the surrounding points of interest. For future reservations please book with our office directly and we will try to place you in a more secluded building.

Reviewed 3 January 2017

We stayed at one of the chalets for 3 nights and it was most enjoyable. The free shuttle service to Skibowl was convenient, and the discounts for tickets and gear rental were great.
The chalet was well equipped, comfortable and suited our needs. The office staff were helpful and friendly and we like the free coffee available as we checked in. The check out process was also easy. It would have made it easier for us if they had allowed us to check out an hour later...
We would stay here again when we plan for our next ski trip in Mount Hood. We tried Skibowl and Timberline this time, and we may go for Meadows next time.

Date of stay: December 2016
2  Thank Rowena_HK

Hello Rowena_HK,
Thank you for the nice review. I am pleased to hear you thoroughly enjoyed you're stay here with us at Collins Lake Resort. We try to make you're trip as stress free as possible like offering the free shuttle to Skibowl and having great, knowledgeable and friendly office staff. I am glad you were able to took advantage of the discounted lift tickets while you were here. I hope you will come back and stay with us again in the future.