“Best Motel 6 I've ever stayed at”
Review of Motel 6 Gold Beach

Motel 6 Gold Beach
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Gold Beach
Reviewed 30 September 2017

Super clean and beautifully updated with in the last 6 months. Fantastic view of the bridge over the Rogue River from my room can't be beat. very quiet and located just on the outskirts of the north end of town. Steep Driveway approach to the parking lot.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms offer the best views
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 September 2017

We were very disappointed that we decided to spend the night here. First, there was an offering on the MOTEL 6 (Not an outside site) website offering a king room for $87 INCLUDING taxes. I went in with the page up and asked to book that room. They refused and said that it was a bottom floor room and they wanted to keep it open for someone else....what...??? Then they said they only had ONE queen room which we could have for $94 (with taxes). I asked why the queen room was more expensive than the KING room (that for some reason we couldn't book...???). They said all the prices are the same. I said I would just book the king room for the cheaper price online and they said no! Absolute SCAM. So anyways, we were tired so just took the MORE expensive queen room.
Guess what? NO shampoo,conditioner, or even body soap. Come on...we are on the coast! People are tired and sandy and want a shower. Too bad, you will get NO amenities here. There is NO air conditioner and the room was terribly stuffy. There is NO coffee maker even. Not to mention the floors looked like they hadn't been swept in weeks, there was no trash bin in the bathroom, and the outside mat was literally falling apart and a huge tripping hazard. The "blanket" is paper thin and VERY scratchy. They provide one TINY flat hard literally toddler size pillow per person. It was the WORST nights sleep I have had in a very,very,very long time. The walls are so so thin and you WILL hear every conversation in the rooms next door and every.single.footstep. Above. I literally heard people splashing in the tub in the room above us. It was a super sketchy area in general and did not feel safe to be outside the room at night. I honestly would have been disappointed with this hotel if we had paid HALF of what we did. I would never,ever recommend this motel and I can guarantee it will be one of the most uncomfortable nights you will have if you choose to go anyways. I would literally rather sleep in my car than to stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you want a good room
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2017

This place is definitely a mixed bag. The front desk staff was open, helpful and friendly. The room was pretty good, I think maybe recently rennovated. But the housekeeping was unacceptable. 5 days and no linen exchange, had to ask for it, then no housekeeping availabe and ended up changing sheets ourselves. The front desk lady offered to change it for us but as she was working solo we offered to do it ourselves. But the housekeeping staff! They are always slowly walking around with downcast expressions looking like they had just suffered some terrible tragedy and were in the depths of gloom. They don't speak English, at all, and pester you when they think it is time to clean the room when it's actually our time to be in it. We will not stay here again, as I am just really put off by these walking dead people slowly shuffling around the walkways and parking lot. Inability to speak with customers in the language of the land is unacceptable. So, yes, it IS a Motel 6, and the facility is nicer than any other Motel 6 I have seen. If you can get past the shadows lingering, looking over your shoulder and into your room, and are staying just one night, go for it. Just not for me.

Room Tip: Non-smokers should ask for a room away from smoking rooms, as people stand outside their rooms and s...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2017

Went to book a room for me and my pet, and was unprofessionally treated by management, tellling me that there was not a pet room. To make matters worse, was stalked by a man, who came from the office, telling me to leave if I didn't have a room. both wife, and husband were condescending towards me, treating me poorly. Do not recommend to stay if you have a pet, or not. Poor customer service.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Don't be scared off by the outside, it is a great place to stay. Very clean room but different. Huge rooms but linoleum floors are strange. No AC so be prepared for that but it was very comfortable. The folks were nice and the view of the bridge was nice, we are happy with the stop and highly recommend it to others. No breakfast on site and parking is tight.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple