“Don't let it fool you....”
Review of Motel 6 Gold Beach

Motel 6 Gold Beach
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Gold Beach
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Don't be scared off by the outside, it is a great place to stay. Very clean room but different. Huge rooms but linoleum floors are strange. No AC so be prepared for that but it was very comfortable. The folks were nice and the view of the bridge was nice, we are happy with the stop and highly recommend it to others. No breakfast on site and parking is tight.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 August 2017

This property is at the high end of the scale for this chain. The room looked recently rehabbed and was very clean. The front desk lady was fast and efficient and the place was easy to find and well-located. Too bad no breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

We have been travelling the west coast and stayed in several motels during the last couple of weeks. I really wanted to give a review as this place stands out from its range by miles!
The rooms are clean, the location is excellent with a beautiful view and the staff is super nice. Giving us a call to check whether everything is okay after our checkin was a nice touch.
Additional they are dog friendly which is such a plus for us!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2017

I'm a senior who travels with two dogs and brings my own shampoo. I keep seeing people getting all bent out of shape because Motel 6 doesn't send an unconscionable number of shampoo bottles to the landfill as part of their service. Get over it!

This very attractive property was originally privately owned. The rooms are comfortably spaced and located a bit up hill from the city and overlooking the Rogue River.

There are plenty of places to let the dogs run on the beach within a few minutes drive and many recreational opportunities for folks who don't have to make decisions based on their pets. If you're a photographer, just turn right at the end of the drive and get pics of the bridge.

There aren't many fast food outlets, but the local grocery has a pretty good deli.

The one problem I had was that someone had been smoking in my reserved non-smoking room. I went down to the office and just asked for the smoke spray because I liked the location of the room. The poor gal at the desk was so embarrassed, but gave it to me and it really did solve the problem. Asthmatic as I am, that did the trick.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and I along with our two dogs decided to stay here for a few nights. The final decision was the fact that they allow pets to stay for free and the pet room that we stayed in was spotless. The whole entire crew that works here are very friendly and knowledgeable about the area. My wife and I were originally only going to stay for 3 nights but we had to squeeze in another night because we loved the area so much. As long as the pet policy remains the same in the future (future guests don't mess it up for others) we will definitely be back and tell all of our friends of this gem.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family