US$76
RodewayInn
US$126
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsother guestswilson ranchpioneer roomserved family stylewilson familyquiet at nightride horsesnight stayexcellent fishingblue basinstayed one nightkarahorsebackfossilshostsrefrigerator
Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

My wife & I play golf out @ a small little course outside fossil we have been playing the couples tournament for the last 4 years & every time we stay at Wilson's so this is long overdue but headed there next weekend :) the morning breakfast @ the table with Nancy & all the other guests is always a great time. Nancy is one of the sweetest people in the world if your a early riser you will find her in the kitchen making the wonderful breakfast & willing to chat. My wife & I love going there we look forward to this weekend all year long for the golf & visiting with the folks at Wilson's

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2017

My Husband and I just returned from an exploration of Wheeler County trip. We stayed at the Wilson Ranch as our base. It is a beautiful, peaceful location. The rooms are very clean and comfortable, Breakfasts are hearty and good with great coffee. There is a separate little kitchen building with stove, refrigerator, barbecue and microwave for the guests to use. The hosts are very welcoming and will helped us navigate the wonders of the Painted Hills, Blue Basin John Day and all the little treasures we found on the way. We didn't ride horses but those who did helped solve real daily ranch problems.

Room Tip: The bathrooms are on the first floor and daylight basement.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2017

We live just 20 miles from Wilson Ranches but had never been before. The Wilson's generously support the community often by donating overnight stays as auction items for local fundraisers. We purchased a night's stay and had a fabulous retreat and a real ranch experience. We stayed in the Pioneer Room. It was very clean and comfortable. I was amazed at how quiet the house was at night with everyone that stayed in the home. So peaceful! It was all about RnR for us. We went horseback riding with Brian and he had us attempt to help him rustle some cattle back through the fence. It's a good thing the horses knew what they were doing because I did not. Let's just say, Brian is very patient but watch out, he is quick witted too! We had a hearty breakfast served family style. Great conversation and we even had German chocolate birthday cake that a guest brought to celebrate her husband's birthday and Mother's Day. I will recommend a stay here to all whether you are traveling alone, as a couple or as a family.

Room Tip: Call ahead to discuss your room needs. Kara is great at placing you in the best room to suit you.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2016

When we first got there about 6:00 pm, we had a note waiting for us welcoming us at the front door entry. We noticed the kurig coffee was available so I did not hesitate and headed to our "Homestead" room. We had the most romantic room, very large for 2 but it had a fireplace and being from Hawaii, it was my husband's first time making a fire. He did a great job. Very romantic and relaxing. The breakfast was perfect, family style and we were with other guest, 4 ladies who we thoroughly enjoyed. Kara and hubby very friendly and we enjoyed our conversations on the table with them.

I would give this B & B a 5 but I was disappointed with the horseback riding we booked. I would suggest that if you like adventure and want to do more than walk a horse, don't go when it is raining. You will remain on a gravel road for one hour than turn about and head back. We know the heads of the trail walk were talking about the route but we were'nt told the end result which could have helped us make a better decision. We paid $70.00 each to walk a horse on a road. Oh well, lesson learned.

Room Tip: Far from everything else but worth the serenity
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

My five year old and I visited Wilson Ranches Retreat for a family vacation. The hosts were amazing, they were patient and capable with my five year old while taking her on trail rides. The surrounding scenery was gorgeous and breathtaking- Kara and Brian had extensive knowledge of the area. We couldn't have asked for more as far as breakfast and accommodations. We had a fantastic time and I highly recommend Wilson Ranches Retreat.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family