“Typical oriental buffet”

Add it.
Buffet Dynasty
Ranked #34 of 67 Restaurants in Forest Grove
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Wife and I stopped in for evening meal. It is what we have become accustom to with the Chinese Buffet. Server was nice, and very friendly.

The food was not quite so friendly. Typical fare and preparation. Food seemed to be of good quality, but has been kept warm for top long. Lots of carbs, dried out proteins.

Why do I return to these type of places?

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

When in town, this is my lunch stop.
Good sushi, great assortment of food, all at a great price.
Service is number one.

Reviewed 18 June 2017

I see that some people don't quite like this place, and we haven't been here for a while so we thought we'd go back while visiting my dad in Forest Grove. We were one again definitely not disappointed! There are several items I REALLY like: sweet coconut shrimp, peanut butter chicken, seafood casserole, stuffed shrimp, etc. And the apple pie with ice cream definitely calls my name!

This time the peanut butter chicken wasn't quite as "peanut buttery" but it was still good. They have a great selection and I'm always WAY too full when I leave. I stay away from the bulk items like noodles and fried rice which seem very popular with some of the customers. And I try a bit of everything. The soups are good, as are all the finger foods like spring rolls, crab puffs, fried shrimp, and pot stickers. There are plenty of good vegetables, and since I'm very much a shrimp fan, there are LOTS of ways to get 'em. I like the variety of sushi which I usually end with.

The wait staff is very friendly and efficient. They don't let used plates collect on the table, which I really appreciate. The only problem with a buffet is that I can't take the leftover food home for lunch as I love to do. But oh, well. It's great while I'm eating it!

I have never had a bad experience here and definitely recommend the place. It's clean, and well-cared for, and the food is plentiful and delicious.

Reviewed 14 November 2016

After booking in at a nearby Best Western motel we happened to see this buffet tucked in, next to the Safeway store. Our original intentions were to just grab and go some Chinese take-out items at the Safeway but noticed this Dynasty Buffet. I am one for trying many tastes so a buffet was in order. I make a point of walking around a restaurant if we have never dined there to get a feel for the food, cleanliness, etc.
Two waitresses on the floor were cleaning the stainless steel islands, the edges of the food trays and looking after the customers needs.. My wife is a pretty careful eater and checked the food out and gave me her OK!
Plenty of crab legs, large peel yourself prawns, and a fresh filet of steamed Salmon as well as 2 dozen other items were available.
We tucked in also noticed that there were some deep-fried items on the food line, none of which were swimming in grease which is a great sign.
All in all we ate, enjoyed a bit of ice-cream and left satiated and content.

We will eat there again when back in the area.

Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

Went there on an evening night with friends.

There's a reasonable range of foods to choose from but the sushi have little fish.

The coconut shrimp is really good. My friend were satisfied with the chicken and pork dishes.

We will try other all-you-can-eat restaurants before deciding whether to come back here or not.