“Skip 1910 Main”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 December 2011

My mother and I visited the restaurant, excited to try something new. We were seated quickly and noticed the nice interior including the beautiful chandelier. I noticed tht the prices were quite high for a lunch menu but I am willing to pay for good food. My mother ordered the chicken panini and I ordered the tuna sandwich. At $11 was expecting a pretty good tuna sandwich. We both opted for the beet salad which is one of my favorites bu rarely seen on a menu. The chicken was dry on my mother's sandwich. The tuna was almost inedible due to too much salt. The beet salad was as gray as the weather with tasteless dressing and a few pieces of gray colored beets aa few dots of goat cheese. The bill came to almost $40 for two people at lunch and only one of us had a drink. Again, I don't mind paying well for fine food, but it appears that there was much more creativity and experience put into the interior design rather than the food.

There are newer reviews for Small Plates at 1910 Main

Reviewed 18 November 2011

Living in a small town, we don't have many options for dining so when this place opened we were pretty thrilled. I had heard the burgers were really good but my husband and I were out for a special occasion and it seemed odd to order a burger. We had originally attempted to go to Stecchino but they were closed. Anyway, my first impression upon walking in was wow! This is a beautiful restaurant. Vacant, but really nice. When someone finally came to seat us we chose to sit outdoors. Also lovely. When it came time to order they didn't have what was on the menu given to us. She explained we must have an old menu. Bummer because what I wanted sounded really good,. The waitress told us the options that are no longer available and gave us more time. I asked a lady cleaning a nearby table for her opinion on a couple entrees. She steered me away from a few but I wish she steered me away from what I did end up with. Funny, I don't even recall what I had. That says something. I do, however, remember what my husband had. It was a seafood pasta. Hardly and seafood and the sauce might as well have been water. Flavorless! He had to request parmesan cheese to give it something. I must say the calamari was quite good. Not the best I've had, but very tasty. Hence the 2 stars instead of 1. The service was pretty poor. I noticed the waitress apologising at the 3 other tables near us. She seemed really bothered and flustered although they were not busy at all. Perhaps she was just having a bad day? Anyway, I may give them a second chance and try their gourmet burger. I want them to succeed but they'll need a more professional staff and maybe even a new chef.