“This place oozes charm”

Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Florence
Seattle
“This place oozes charm”
Reviewed 16 August 2011

We stayed here with our family of five and just loved it. It felt like a trip back in time to Grandma's house. The building and furnishings are definitely from another era, but they are in excellent condition and altogether charming. The lobby felt like a living room. We will definitely stay here again next time we're in town.

Just two small complaints: 1. Our "family suite" was actually just two bedrooms that were connected through a shared bathroom. 2. The bathroom was cramped. The sink was shoved so far into the corner that I had to stand at an angle to it in order to shave.

But those are small things and are easily overlooked in light of the overall positive experience. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Every room is different, so be clear about your needs and desires. Our family suite was nothing lik...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Ojai, California
Reviewed 15 August 2011

I have stayed at the Lighthouse Inn multiple times over the years, alone and with my family. Every time I wander into their rustic charming lobby I am greeted by name by Denise and Louis. (The owners) There is always a warm cozy room for me and if I am traveling with my family on an extended trip I have been lucky enough to stay in one of their suites with a private deck area.

Fresh hot coffee in the morning, movies and games in the lobby to borrow. Always advice on the local activities.

I wouldn't stay anywhere else. The price is right, the beds are comfy and clean, They even have pet packs.

Can't wait to go back,
Sage Michel

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Great Falls
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We stayed here 11 years ago on our honeymoon. New owners came and have not done a thing to the hotels upkeep. Could hear the guest conversation below our room. Thin walls-understatement. Shower had mold around the bottom. Maid stole make-up so guess no tip from me-she already took hers. Staff was unfriendly. I was very disappointed. The only good thing about our stay was the fabulous claim chowder. Please spend the extra money and have a nice experience. If you do stay, take your stuff and lock it up!

Room Tip: I can not provide a tip then don't stay
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank PastorSylvia
LighthouseInn, Owner at Lighthouse Inn, responded to this review, 28 July 2011
Very sorry to hear you will not return to the Lighthouse Inn. And it is always unfortunate to see poor reviews like this one. In response, we did take a look at the shower and gave it an extra scrub, we talked to our housekeeping staff about the allegation of stolen makeup, which I cannot address other than to stay we have never had a problem with staff dishonesty. When we purchased the inn six years ago, we began an ongoing renovation cycle that included completely replacing the beds, painting all rooms, carpeting (most rooms), ongoing window replacement, linen replacement, etc., so I cannot speak to the condition of the Inn 11 years ago, but I will state it is in better condition than it was six years ago. Please take the time to speak with us personally about any issues or problems you have with our service or property, we are always willing to try to make things right.

Travellers are raving about these Florence hotels

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 18 July 2011

Other reviews have described this place as being simple, clean and quaint. My description is more like "badly in need of updating." At its best the furniture was "shabby chic," not antique. The rooms were tiny. It WAS clean which saves it from a "terrible" rating. The room had two entrances - one at the end of an interior corridor and one to the outside. The outside entrance opend to a parking space which was very near Hwy 101. Neither door lock was substantial and neither had an extra chain or safety hinge. We had dto put chairs under the door knobs to feel safe. Between that and highway noise we didn't sleep at all. The total cost for the room was over $100.00. Sooooo not worth it! If you are looking for "quaint" go someplace else - this isn't it.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Port Coquitlam, Canada
Reviewed 2 April 2011

The Lighthouse Inn is a quaint, historic motel. The rooms are tiny -- much smaller than a Super 8, for example -- but they have both a front door and a back door, which I've never seen in a motel before! Unfortunately, the walls are paper-thin, so you can hear all the traffic noise and the noise of your neighbors. There was no breakfast included, even though the price of the room was similar to other motels in the same class that do offer breakfast. It's okay, though, if you want to try something a little different from the usual motel.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple