“Relaxed Family Dinner”

Dickie Jo's
Ranked #65 of 657 Restaurants in Eugene
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Description: DickieJo's is a fast casual restaurant specializing in burgers, shakes, fries, hot dogs, chicken fingers, premium soft serve ice cream and other classic American dishes. It's named after the owners's parents (Dick & Joanne) who had their first date back in 1952 at a burger joint (Manners Big Boy) in Cleveland, OH.
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

After a long weekend of family events, the last few of us dragged our exhausted bodies to Dickie Jo's for dinner before leaving town. We ordered our food, knowing the quality and quantity would be sufficient for our needs, and waited less than ten minutes for it to be delivered to our table. The wheat bread used for sandwiches is slightly sweet, thick cut, and delicious. Perfect end to our long weekend.

Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

I used to love their veggie burger and it was my favorite in town. This time when I went, it was totally different recipe, and it has red peppers inside of it now, which always give me a headache/make me sick.

I know a large portion of people don't like peppers, so I'm not really sure why they would choose to put them INSIDE something like this where you can't take it off? Not to mention it wasn't fully cooked. It was barely warm and fell apart all over the place. (I know they have a vegan burger, but I don't like that either)

Their fries and milkshakes are good, but sadly, I don't think I will be returning any more.

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Great burgers always! Tried the egg salad sandwich, WOW! Homemade bread, zesty egg mix, great with a banana shake! Test your limits!

Reviewed 21 March 2017

So let us start by saying I cook ( retired Firefighter - don't we all? ) and these are some great burgers. Tho--- they did stop the "some pink" option tho I think it is back, which is good....after all an over cooked patty is just a step away from shoe leather in taste and texture!
Best time ever there? The night before a big football game with USC years ago my lovely bride (43 years and counting - at least I hope that is what she is saying under her breath!?) thakes her last bite and drips a huge blop of juice and mustard on her sweater. Thank the powers that I had finished mine or I would of choked. Ahh married life... the best! Before you hate understand that she laughed first and hardest....
Back to the food:
---Burgers - great taste and size
-- "CHOCOLATE" shake - mmmmmmmm so good
-- Fries - tasty
-- Atmosphere - (a guys observation = "Who cares? Feed me!")
It's a 50's throwback, roomy, comfortable and fun.EVERYONE
seems happy with lots of smiles to go around, staff and
patrons.

1  Thank ExCover
Reviewed 17 January 2017

Enjoyed my visit to Dickie Jo's. The burger was cooked perfectly. Nice and juicy. Choose mushrooms, BBQ sauce and cheese along with fries. Fries were not overly greasy and very good. Pleasant place to go, it's clean and bright. The staff was great. The only down side is it's usually pretty crowded for obvious reasons. Will be back.

1  Thank Guy J

Been to Dickie Jo's? Share your experiences!