Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$89
Hotels.comUS$89
Expedia.comUS$89
eDreamsUS$80
CheapTicketsUS$89
TravelocityUS$89
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

Seriously, this place is absolutely amazing. I visit Eugene often to see family and used to stay at area hotels. NEVER AGAIN! The staff here, the cleanliness, the other guests... Everything is absolute 10 out of 10.

It is in the Whit, which, to some people might be a detriment... I mean I all honestly the Whit is a pretty sketchy neighborhood... But I love it and live the eclectic vibe this scroungey neighborhood lives and breathes. It's not for everyone, but damn it, I love it.

Do yourself a favor and experience this place on your next visit to Eugene. You won't regret it.

Thanks to all the staff and to all the cool guests from all over the world I had the honor to meet.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 17 May 2017

Cons: He has too many work x'ers with no customer service skills, so don't expect the Hilton. It's cold in the winter, but nicer in the summer I'm sure. The city needs to fix up the area up it for visitors, if you ask me.
Cons: The girls go upstairs, the men have the cozier rooms, especially the workers, when it should be the opposite (Especially @35$ night, it's one of the most expensive hostels in the US. Side walks are rough, I tripped in the dark. Old tweeker area that's trying to revamp it's reputation. But really, 35/ a night for the Whit?
Too many smokers, too.

Pros: Great restaurants , sustainable close by and a wonderful healthy food grocery store , The Red Barn. Also Sam Bonds, which has some of the best music I have ever heard, anywhere. Mindblowing. Decent breakfast, large kitchen, piano. Cool international guest! Right inside the Whitaker block party.

Date of stay: June 2016
mhines2017, Owner at Eugene Whiteaker Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2017

To clarify, we have both Men's and Woman's dorms upstairs as well as heaters in every room. There's much about this review that is quite strange, so I recommend viewing the rest to get a consensus.

Cheers,

Mac

Reviewed 13 May 2017

It's my third time staying here and it just keeps getting better! It is located in an older area of the city. The hostel itself is an older house but very clean and comfortable. The owner makes sure that you are comfortable there and have everything you need.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 25 April 2017

Came over for a concert at the McDonald theater and it was just a 15-20 minute walk. The staff was friendly and laid back and the room cost for a private room was fair. Free wifi,clean beds, and bathrooms, nice craft decor, it was pretty good. The only thing was that there were not towels or soap in our private bathroom!. When my partner and I came back from the show and after some dinner and drinks...we realized that there weren't any towels or soap of any kind to even wipe our hands with, which was really strange and kind of off putting. We still enjoyed our night in Eugene but a little heads up would have been nice.

Room tip: Ask for towels and soap if you plan on using the shower
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
mhines2017, Owner at Eugene Whiteaker Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2017

We're very sorry for your experience. It's not typical that we would not provide soap, hand, and bath towels in the private rooms, so not normally necessary to ask. Please accept our apology. I hope we can be of service in the future.

Mac
Owner

Reviewed 10 March 2017

From staying one night to work trade for two months. I was filled with warm staff who works hard to keep everything running smooth and clean. The hostel is filled with beautiful art to admire & many books to read. The beds are very comfy too with cozy blankets. The manager is a well seasoned traveler with lots of life knowledge. A great hostel to choose during a stay in Eugene.

Room tip: bunk rooms are sunny and spacious
Date of stay: November 2016