Lowest prices for your stay
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Comfort Suites
Priceline
Hotels.comUS$178
Expedia.comUS$178
Lol.travelUS$197
All reviews front desk hot tub hot breakfast easy access freeway microwave pillows springfield roomy
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 August 2020

While visiting Eugene I had to have major emergency surgery. We had to stay in a hotel the night before & wanted to stay at the Comfort Inn by the hospital BUT my husband mistakenly hit the wrong button & booked this one accidentally. He immediately called Booking.com & they said since he called within minutes it should be no problem for the manager of this Comfort Inn to refund our booking so we could re-book at the hospital Comfort Inn-NOT! When he called this hotel he was told the reservation had not even appeared yet on their computer and Cheryl still refused to refund us! Is this how Comfort Inn treats people going thru such an ordeal as major surgery while away from their own hometown? Despicable! Afterwards we stayed at the Comfort Inn in Springfield (our original choice) & found it delightful, lovely front desk greeters & a yummy hot breakfast-unlike the bag breakfast Cheryl serves her guests. Stay in Springfield it's not that far & a WAY better experience!

Date of stay: August 2020
2  Thank geezergal55
Cheryl Swan, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2020

I am very sorry to see this. I believe the misunderstanding is that the reservation had not come through and we could not cancel it, not that we would not cancel it. If the reservation is not in our system there is no way to do a refund, until or unless it comes through. Booking.com reservations are not usually paid in advance, so I'm not sure there was a refund to process. Any and all changes and cancelations are done by Booking.com and not by the hotel since your booking contract was with them and not directly with the hotel. It does sometimes take up to an hour for a reservation to come through, I am not sure if you tried to call back to see if it was received. I do know that I was never informed of any guest needing to change a reservation due to surgery as I most certainly would have cancelled your reservation, if it was in our system. I am deeply sorry that my name was used in this context as I was not spoken to personally. Sometimes I take the blame for things that I assure you would not and did not come from me.I will be discussing this with my team to see where the miscommunication fell.

I do apologize if you were unhappy with the breakfast bags. We are trying to find ways to offer our guests a light to-go type snack while we are unable to serve our normal breakfast buffet. The bag is not intended to be a full breakfast, just a small offering to start your day as you head out. I hope our guests understand that we are as disappointed as they are that things are so disrupted at this time. Every property is trying different offerings and at this time, this is what we are doing.

I do hope your surgery was successful and your recovery is going well. Again, I am very regretful that you had such an unhappy experience with your booking and we wish you all the best. Stay safe and Be well.

Reviewed 11 July 2020

Filthy dump, horrible rude trashy looking and drug smelling staff and managers. Filthy, worn down, outdated, cheaply made rooms, shapeless, lumpy mattress and pillow, unwashed linen, stained carpets all over the property.

I thought that check out was at 12, like in all other hotels. At 11:10 a trashy looking, rude, and smelly manager pounded loudly on my door and ordered: "Get out. The check out was at 11."

The worst stay ever (and I stayed in dozens and dozens of hotels with my family this year alone). Not just horrible but left me feeling disgusted as if I accidentally stepped in a huge pile of nasty excrement.

Oh, and those m-o-rons violate people's rights and try to illegally forcefully mask them and lie that "it's a law." I've noticed that at some guests they start screaming "Put on a mask, you can't be here without it" and call security on those who can't/won't and other guests walk around without any masks and they do not say anything but can't stop fawning. Such a hypocritical, shocking contrast. If a guest they want to mask does not have a mask, they would not serve them until they purchase a $0.05 disposable mask from them for a $1.

Guests smoke inside in their rooms and outside and then walk in and breath that nastiness out so everywhere in the halls and elevators it also smells like cigarettes and drugs.

I regret so much for spending a night in that filthy, disgusting dump with filthy and disgusting owners and employees of that dump!

Room tip: Avoid at all costs!
Date of stay: July 2020
1  Thank robagave
Cheryl Swan, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2020

I am very sorry you felt the need to post this review.

As you know, Governor Brown issued a State-Wide Mandate that all people are to wear masks inside of all businesses effective July 1, 2020. We are bound by the mandate and we in no way pick and choose who can wear a mask, those who do not have one are provided the option to purchase one. However, if an exemption is given due to a medical condition then it is not our place to discuss that with other patrons. We take the safety of our staff and guests extremely seriously and those who are not willing to abide by the mandate are asked to leave.

I assure you that our hotel is very clean and has just been completely renovated with new carpet and case goods, so your comments about the condition of our hotel are completely without merit. Since the pandemic, we have implemented MANY MANY precautions for our guests. We spend extra time in each room sanitizing all high tough areas- lamp and light switches, remotes, door handles (including refrigerator and microwave handles), counters, desks, sinks, and tubs........... basically anything we feel is for our guests' protection. This extends to public areas including lobby, bathrooms, entry doors. We have installed hand sanitizing stations throughout the building, as well as social distancing signage.

While I will not go into detail on your comments regarding what happened at checkout, you are fully aware of the fact that you did not and would not leave (even after SEVERAL requests) until much much past checkout. Checkout time is posted at the Front Desk and in all guest rooms.

Our rooms and interior is 100% smoke-free and if a guest chooses to smoke in our hotel then we do handle the situation immediately. There is no lingering smell of smoke or "drugs" in our building and the suggestion that there is would be totally false.

Lastly, I would like to thank our staff for protecting themselves and our valued guests during this incredibly difficult and confusing time in the world. I would like to assure you that you are valued and respected.

Reviewed 24 April 2020

Reasonable priced, great location, large suites with separate sitting area. We didn't get the regular breakfast due to Covid 19 regulations. They did pack a small breakfast bag with roll, granola bar and fruit. I would stay there again when visiting family but after Covid19 has passed. It will be a real bargain when you get the breakfast buffet. A few chips here and there and the carpet needed cleaning other than that it was perfect. The hotel is close to the freeway but it was very quiet. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. It was nice to have a coffee pod, small refrigerator and microwave.

Date of stay: April 2020
Reviewed 18 February 2020

This manager, Cheryl [--], is the unhappiest person I've ever met.
"Misery loves company" and Ms. [--] is miserable!

When I arrived, I asked to meet her. She refused.
I asked to meet her the next day, and she refused.
I asked to meet her the day after that, and she refused.

She is a manager that HIDES!
(If you like to "hide", do NOT go into the hospitality industry.)

They want to go into your room EVERY day.
If you don't have a Do Not Disturb sign on the door, they WILL go in.

Hey, I was there 7 nights. I only wanted full service twice.

They did NOT respect my requests at all.
One housekeeper told me they are told to check for evidence of guns and marijuana. Guns and marijuana? Really? That type of arrogance trickles down from the manager.

The rooms are narrow. The bathrooms are dark. The lobby is dark.
The hot tub has no jets. It's like sitting in a tub of calm water - gross.
The pool is very small.

The parking lot is awkward. There are 3 different parking areas all at different levels.

You need 2 hands to open the microwave.
If you only use one hand, you'll only pull the whole microwave.

The staff is always short-handed. Employees don't stay.
They stay a few weeks, maybe a few months - that's it. They leave.
When morale is down, it is the GUEST who suffers!

Cheryl STOLE a weekly rate (friends & family) from me.
She never reimbursed me with another friends and family opportunity.

Heating unit red light was on all night - flap cover was missing.

Do not waste your money here.

Date of stay: February 2020
Cheryl Swan, General Manager at Comfort Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2020

This review is not in context of what really happened. As was explained to you, it is policy that every room gets service at least every other day. This is for guest safety as well as cleanliness and hotel safety, not for reasons given in this review. We only serviced your room every other day and did not enter your room every day as suggested. Our rooms are quite large and our lobby has multiple windows and plenty of lighting. Our pool is standard size for a hotel pool and is quite comfortable. The Friends and Family discount cannot be stolen, you just need to get the link from a family member or close friend who works for the company, my canceling your reservation did not prevent you from getting a new link. I am not at all sure what you are suggesting about my being unhappy as I very much love what I do and very happy with my job. As for my personal life, that is my own and I do not share that with staff or guests. As you know, there were circumstances that were created that would cause me concern and though I will not address those here, I do want to respond that the reasons suggested here are false. We have a very content staff and long term employees.
I do apologize if you were unsatisfied with the hot tub or the microwave oven handle. I have inspected the room and the flap to the HVAC unit is and always has been there.
We would welcome guests to come and see for themselves what a beautiful property we have and an extremely friendly staff. It is unfortunate that these comments do not reflect the true nature of of your visit.

Reviewed 13 January 2020 via mobile

They’ve updated the rooms wit new furniture, artwork, and bathrooms . Very comfy beds, nice seating area, spacious. More than we expected. Warm friendly front desk. Good enough breakfast buffet with hot and cold food. Right off I5 with easy access. Quiet.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple