Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 04/07/21
Home2.com
Free cancellation until 04/07/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
ZenHotels.com
US$202
PricelineUS$210
Hotels.comUS$210
Expedia.comUS$210
All reviews great hotel across the street laundry facilities great stay the hotel staff waffles comfortable stay fitness center definitely stay here again free breakfast walking distance easy access convenient location parking lot home2 microwave kiva
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 April 2021

The room had a sticker on the door saying it had been cleaned (and with high standards due to covid) but my friends and I found little pieces of candy strewn about the room and it was very easy to see... kind of gross and made us question how well the room was cleaned. Also despite how new and nice the hotel looks from the outside or picture, the room wasn’t great. Doors and walls are scuffed and dirty. Bathroom is old and kind of weird. The shower has soap dispensers on the wall like a public shower which felt a bit odd too. also there were a lot of very rowdy guests gathered in groups just outside the entrance, smoking and drinking. Hated the smell and it was a bit creepy walking back in at night. I’ve stayed in better Hilton’s. Wouldn’t have stayed more than the one night.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
Kerry Schiewek, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Eugene Downtown University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2021

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We will be sure to investigate your situation so we can improve our processes. Thank you again.

Reviewed 17 April 2021

I que as extremely please with this hotel because it’s very down to earth yet classy hotel. I love the mini market items at the front which was so convenient. I just enrolled in the honors club since the front desk lady mentioned it. I love it.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for the kind review. We are so happy that you felt welcome and that you had a great experience here at the Home2 Suites Eugene Downtown. Please consider us the next time you are in Eugene. We'd love to welcome you back.

Reviewed 12 April 2021

Homeless person trapped my wife in the vestibule and followed her into the lobby. There were no hotel staff or security guards to be found even at the front counter. She had to run for the elevator where she was finally safe

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
Kerry Schiewek, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Eugene Downtown University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2021

Hello, Thank you so much for alerting us to this situation. We are aware that we are in strange times in downtown USA right now and that everyone is feeling the crisis. While being downtown is exciting and convenient to all the local flavors, we do understand your concern. I am so sorry that your wife had that experience and am thankful that she was able to find safety. We do have front desk staff 24 hours/day, but sometimes they are doing paperwork in the area behind the desk (visible through the glass, but easy to miss). We do have security every night, so I assume that must have occurred earlier. We all work to ensure that our guests' safety comes first and regret that occasionally situations like this do happen. We do not have a history of violence or aggression towards our guests from the local houseless population, but in no way am I implying that this didn't happen to your wife. Please feel free to follow up with us if we can assist in any way moving forward. Thank you.

Reviewed 10 April 2021 via mobile

This is a dingy hotel, dark, and musty. I read the reviews and thought we found a great hotel, definitely not. We checked in at 3:30p and went up to the room, smelled like someone had been smoking for months in the room. There was a little blood in the shower, coffee stains on the sticky floors. Just dirty and gross all around.

Brought our concerns down to the front desk (who happened to be the assistant general manager) she was super condescending and rude with the fake customer service voice we all know. Luckily she quickly gave our money back, since that was the quick solution that was offered I can only imagine this happens frequently. This was not like any experiences we’ve had with Hilton properties.

We checked out immediately and found an AMAZING and clean hotel across town. If you don’t have to stay here, don’t. It’s cheap, uncared for, and poorly managed.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Kerry Schiewek, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Eugene Downtown University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2021

Dear Pamela,

I am so sorry for your experience here at the Home2 Suites Eugene Downtown University Area. I hope to convey that your experience was an exception, not the norm. In terms of cleanliness of our guestrooms, we are rated in the top 50% for the entire brand worldwide.

In terms of offering a quick response and offering the option for you to find alternate locations, we have a policy where we will take care of our guests concerns immediately and do take all issues seriously.

I inspected the room you stayed in, and yes, there are a couple small marks on the floor that were stains. The floor was clean, but the stain did remain. We work with a local carpet cleaning company to assist us with those issues, but since we do proved complimentary breakfast, the carpets do get stained occasionally. We didn't find any evidence of blood in the shower, so I apologize for that.

We wish you the absolute best in your future travels.

Reviewed 30 March 2021

was not able to check i. until 8 pm i had been trying since 4 they had myself and 2 large buses of college athletes waiting in the waiting area for rooms was lied to about room being cleaned i sprayed room down with lysol and laid my own personal blanket down so my kids could sleep on it and staff was not trained or experienced at all i like they think by giving a discount i’m satisfied this is bull i am so unhappy dissatisfied in what happened during my stay

Date of stay: March 2021
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
Kerry Schiewek, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Eugene Downtown University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2021

Thank you for your feedback. We acknowledge that we were caught off guard this past weekend. We were working diligently to get rooms ready for arrivals and while we did out best, I know that we dropped the ball on this. I am greatly sorry that you had this experience.

Thank you for letting us know how your experience was.

We wish you the absolute best in the future.