“This location is CLOSED now”
Review of Papa's Soul Food Kitchen - CLOSED

Papa's Soul Food Kitchen
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

I was shocked to see their closed now. Saw here open on TripAdvisor though and figured ide extent the information for traveling people.
Will definitely miss this place.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

It was a weekend and super busy so the food was a bit slow in coming. But our awesome server was back at our table with regular updates, apologies, and a couple free beers. Very nice. I've eaten fried chicken in a dozen countries and all over the South. This is the real deal. It was perfect - crispy so that it shattered when I bit into crust, moist and perfectly cooked all the way though. Coleslaw was quite good. Our vegetarian had 4 different sides and loved all of them. We will be back.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

We have heard so much about this place, that we have been trying to dine here for years. Unfortunately, we always seemed to pass by on Monday's, which is when they are closed. However, when our friends asked us to join them on a Thursday night, we jumped at the chance. My wife and I got there at 5:55 p.m. and by 6, the place had no tables left. Granted, the Arizona Girl's Volleyball team came in minutes after us. In general, weekdays are generally safe to come here. More so in the summer when there is outdoor seating. The menu is a kick. It's like ordering from a comic book. They have a wonderful variety of food. BBQ brisket, pulled pork, chicken, etc. The sides are wonderful. In addition to the normal corn bread, fries, and other goodies, they have collard greens and fried okra (whatever that is). Unfortunately, most, if not all, of their non-alcoholic drinks are sweet. Except water. I had no room to try any dessert. In fact, I had to take much of my meal home as leftovers, which provided two days of lunch. And I'm a big eater. I would love to go back, but will come hungry.

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

A relaxed atmosphere and great soul food, the service is great too. It's noisy but that only adds to the atmosphere. Delicious fried chicken!

Reviewed 22 October 2017

I went on Sat 10/21/17 around 5pm. it's a good thing I went a little early. There was a line out the door only 40 minutes later. That's why I didn't go thew week before. The line.

I'm glad I finally got into the place. It's quite small and parking is street side. Good luck finding a parking spot. Anyway, I was promptly seated and given the most unusual looking menu I've ever seen. It's too difficult to describe here so let's just say it's festive. There is a good variety of choices. They have a full bar, but the Georgia Peach comes highly recommended. I had Hush Puppies, corn, and real fried chicken. I've never had hush puppies but I have several years of commercial cooking experience and can tell they are hard to get right. Paps's got them right. They got everything right. The chicken was so juicy and tender! 3 pieces was plenty.

The staff did a great job.

The atmosphere is a little loud. But that's what you get in a small place with all wood floors and furniture. It's too bad it was raining. The outside patio dining area looked great.

I will be back. For the meal, 2 sides, and 2 drinks it was $35 out the door. Pretty good actually.