“Great soul food”

Papa's Soul Food Kitchen
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

A relaxed atmosphere and great soul food, the service is great too. It's noisy but that only adds to the atmosphere. Delicious fried chicken!

Reviewed 22 October 2017

I went on Sat 10/21/17 around 5pm. it's a good thing I went a little early. There was a line out the door only 40 minutes later. That's why I didn't go thew week before. The line.

I'm glad I finally got into the place. It's quite small and parking is street side. Good luck finding a parking spot. Anyway, I was promptly seated and given the most unusual looking menu I've ever seen. It's too difficult to describe here so let's just say it's festive. There is a good variety of choices. They have a full bar, but the Georgia Peach comes highly recommended. I had Hush Puppies, corn, and real fried chicken. I've never had hush puppies but I have several years of commercial cooking experience and can tell they are hard to get right. Paps's got them right. They got everything right. The chicken was so juicy and tender! 3 pieces was plenty.

The staff did a great job.

The atmosphere is a little loud. But that's what you get in a small place with all wood floors and furniture. It's too bad it was raining. The outside patio dining area looked great.

I will be back. For the meal, 2 sides, and 2 drinks it was $35 out the door. Pretty good actually.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Well, we tried it on a whim and we are so happy that we did. Traveling through you never know where to go. The wait was a bit long, but such nice people and you can get a refreshment from the bar. The place was packed so go early, a lady and her daughter let us join them at an outside table. Everything was so nice. The food was good, it is not New Orleans or the South, but it is the best effort I have experienced so for and I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Just back from Papa Souls!! I had a very nice dinner!
I had the Southern Fried Chicken Plate! Three pieces of chicken: Breast, thigh and leg. Plus choice of two sides, I chose potato salad and hush puppies. It was all very good! Service of server very good also! Very friendly! I would recommend this place also. I would recommend GJ's for breakfast too! I think I forgot to mention that in my review for GJ's
I was very happy with both meals!

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

New expanded hours makes it easier to frequent more often.
Good food. Great bbq. Prices are reasonable. Will definitely be back.