“Great Food and Service”

Four Plus 3 Korean BBQ
Ranked #252 of 672 Restaurants in Eugene
Reviewed 13 March 2017

Visited parents in Eugene and they wanted to go to Korean BBQ for dinner. They suggested Four Plus 3 and I, of course, checked it out on TripAdvisor. It was the number one rated Korean restaurant in town. Well they delivered. Parents are in their late 70s and we ate well before the dinner crowd and received first class service and they even made easy accommodations for my disabled father. We ate family style, as opposed to cooking your own, and shared 3 plates. Kalbi Beef, Vegetable Noodles (with tofu) and Chicken Katsu. They were all delicious with heaping servings and 3 of us were totally stuffed by the end of the meal. We probably could have gotten away with two meals between the three of us. Growing up in Hawaii, I am used to eating good Kalbi Beef but I have to say this was probably the best flavored that I have tasted and particularly since it didn't not have quite as salty a taste as many others I have eaten over the years. Highly recommend this place. Lastly, it is very reasonably priced.

Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

My wife visited 4 plus 3 with a friend last week. While not unusual for most, my wife is not the most adventurous when it comes to trying not only new restaurants, but non-mainstream. We went as a date and were seated quickly even though a group of 15 college students walked in ahead of us. I enjoyed the on table cooking or BBQ. We elected not to have an appetizer which was a good choice. We ordered two of the BBQ items and shortly after the platters arrived. The beef and pork belly were tasty. Next time I'll take the waiters advice and order the "specially flavored pork belly". My assumption is he is referring to the marinated dishes. The side dishes of potatoes, broccoli and pickled cucumbers were very tasty. They also bring a side plate sectioned off with a offering of four different sauces. The two entrees, coupled with the side dishes and a beer were quite filling. Oh, and there was a side bowl of wonderful sticky rice.

Reviewed 8 February 2017 via mobile

I had not been to Korean bbq before and I wasn't sure what to expect. The wait staff was helpful and courteous. The atmosphere was great and I love the decor and layout of the restaurant. The foods was pricey but very yummy. They had chopsticks or utensils, I ate my whole meal with chopsticks, usually I give up and use a fork, but not this time, lol. I will defiantly go again. Very delicious. highly recommend it.

Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

We decided to go back to trying some different locations in our area, and made our way to Four plus 3 Korean BBQ. We all tried different dishes. I tried the Bim Bop. I ordered the variety in the stone bowl. Food had authentic flavors although seemed to lack a bit on the spiciness that seems to part of the standard dishes. I was not displeased, just was hoping for a greater heat. Enjoyed scraping the delicious rice off the bottom of the bowl though. The crispness of the cooked rice at the bottom was exactly what it should be. We did not try the table grill, but opted to order from their regular menu. If your kids lack adventure to try new flavors, this would be where you make it a date night, as some of the dishes may have textures or spice levels that do not appeal to them. Personally, I enjoyed all of the dishes that we received, as did my wife. Service was definitely 5stars. Regular checks, refills, and friendly conversation. Will very likely return for a date night. Thanks.

Reviewed 6 August 2016

We tried this for an early dinner during the week. Just off West 11th and plenty of parking. The place is simple and quite large and spacious with tables and chairs that have a cooking plate in the middle of your table in case you choose to do the BBQ. I did not see any booth type tables. They had several TV screens with Korean TV playing in the background. For us this was fine, as it just added to the Korean atmosphere. The Korean men working there were very nice and friendly, and gave us extra time to look over the menu since we needed a little more time to choose.

We ordered beef dumplings which were a sort of wonton style wrappers deep fried with glass noodles and a little beef inside. They were served with some sort of soy sauce that has sesame seeds in it. They were good, but I was not expecting the wonton wrapper. I might try them again, but with another filling option--they had several to choose from.

We also ordered a Korean style seafood scallion pancake. We were told it had shrimp, squid, mussel, and scallions. We opted to omit the squid and mussel. The shrimp were a bit under cooked. The pancake was served in a hot heavy iron cast (?) pan to keep it hot. The pancake had a nice flavor but there was a bit too much oil in the pan. It was good though and I would order it again. It had a nice soft and chewy texture and we again used the same soy sauce drizzled on it.

We also ordered the Bibimbap with beef in the hot stone pot. It was delicious and it came with a small tray of side dishes to accompany the meal--kimchi, some bean sprouts, a couple slices of spicy cucumber, and a couple pieces of broccoli with a hot pepper sauce. I would go back for the Bibimbap in the hot stone pot again. It was a nice combination of rice that you mix up when it arrives at your table with the various vegetables, beef, a fried egg on top that was runny-but cooks after you mix it up, and the hot pepper sauce which they put on your table. Similar to what I have eaten in Korea, so it satisfied my craving for Korean food in Eugene.

Total for our dinner for two was around $35.00 USD plus tip for those three dishes. We were stuffed and will go back again when we are craving Korean food.

Been to Four Plus 3 Korean BBQ? Share your experiences!