Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed here for two nights because our friends were camped at Pass Creek Park. The rooms were adequate in size, but VERY dark. When we tried to pull the curtain open over the only (small) window, the support for the curtain rod pulled out from the wall (it had been screwed directly into the dry wall). You can see the owner has made an effort to upgrade the property - the tile and floor in the bathroom were in excellent shape, new paint, both inside and out and hardwood flooring.

Last year they had sweet rolls, coffee and instant oatmeal starting at 6 AM. This year - nothing. And there are no coffee makers in the rooms because the water is undrinkable due to the mineral content. if we had not known about their being no coffee in the rooms, and not brought our own coffee maker, coffee and water, we would have been stuck and had to beg coffee from our friends.

This really is in the middle of nowhere. Years ago this was a major truckstop. Now the restaurant has been closed for years, as well as the one gas station. One little market closed some time ago. Last year there was a market/deli open, but they went out of business sometime during the last 12 months. So really, this motel is the only thing in the whole town of Curtain, unless you discount the quilting company off to the left from the mainstreet. The company specializes in putting the quilt together after you sew the top. It is quite an art, and probably worth a quick trip down there just to see how it is done.

The only people staying here are full timers (saving up money so they can make first and last on an apartment), us, and some people that are working on the freeway.

Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
6  Thank Mary J
Reviewed 25 October 2013

The rooms are decent with flat screen tv micro/fridge except the wifi is poor the showers smell like sulphur and with the door open u sure have alot of flies in the room. And your 20 miles from anything. For the price its ok.

Date of stay: September 2013
2  Thank sloouper
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Perfect ~ Clean~ Unique~Charming~Comffy..just special

√ Oregon best kept secret. I'm well traveled, Stardust hotel my choice way better than the Ritz, Marriott. Thank you.
√ The company should be proud of this gem.
Special shout out to the beautiful kind sweet room attendant. You rock the head band, rambo!. Best cleaningness I experience. I would hire you in a heart beat. Your mom must be proud :) pls do the world a favor and don't ever change.

√The Hotel manager must be proud thanks for the hospitalITY.

My Tip : pause life, enjoy gods land, cherish the fresh air, nature ...soak it up. I guarantee life will be there just as u left it.

Suggestion: hot tub/spa, gift shop I forgot contact solution. Evening reception with alcohol. Vending machines.

√ likelihood to return or recommend: Highly likely.

#paradiseinoregon

Date of stay: June 2013
2  Thank ExpectOnlyTheBest
Reviewed 5 September 2012

we stayed at the Stardust for an over nighter in the summer of 2010, at that time, the cost was $40 a night and although it looked like half the people living there were permanent residents, it still offered a low cost pleasant nights stay.

fast forward to labor day weekend 2012 to our second and last stay at the Stardust, the price of a room was $60, the permanent residents looked like they invited their friends to stay with them, with tables, chairs and an ashtray/bucket outside every door, the place reeked of cigarette smoke, I'm an ex 2 pack a day smoker (smoke free for 3 years of of this writing) and to me, it was way to much smoking for a motel, normally, for me being an ex smoker, smoking doesn't generally bother me, but this was more then normal in my opinion.

the room we had was nice, but the bed was horrible, it was nothing more then an old 6 inch mattress on top of a piece of plywood, I have a bad back and like a hard bed, but this was so hard, I could hardly walk when I woke up in the morning, I've had better nights camping and sleeping on the ground.

reading the other reviews, it looks as though the higher rated reviews are coming from people that had extended stays at the motel, maybe some of the permanent residents I encountered? and it sounds as though their long term rentals may be a bargain, (one review listed a week rental at $150) so if your traveling and just looking for a place to spent the night, I'd skip right past this one. But, if your unemployed, and roaming the country looking for work or a place to stay, this might be an option for you with their low monthly rent, but don't expect to find work in Curtin, the motel is about the only place left that's still in business. the gas station next door is closed up, and the shop across the street doesn't look like it's been open in years. and the old pizza place across the freeway has since been torn down.

the only other thing that really bothered me was the sign that read "if you leave your dog unattended in your room, we will call the pound and have it removed" I couldn't help but think of poor ol' grandma, traveling to Curtin to lay her dear sweet brother to rest after 90 years, only to return to her motel room and find her precious lap dog "fluffy" missing. I would think before management removes a dog from a motel room, it would probably be a good idea to know why it was there in the first place, just don't assume it was abandoned, or it's damaging the room.

over all, our second stay at the motel was a bad experience and we won't be returning.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
7  Thank Stuart L
Reviewed 17 August 2012

My family stayed here for 1 night, and that was too much. It looked nice and the people seemed nice except for a couple rooms below our room. guy sitting on bench smoking marijuana with a big bomb. The guy flipping out for ? Ouutside till 3 am the same person talking very loud and slamming doors while the management looks away. Never Again.

Room tip: If you need wifi or cell reception at all times not gonna happen there. Also, if you are in the rooms that are brick with rooms upstairs and downstairs good luck getting any reception unless you go out to the road.
Date of stay: August 2012