Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Perfect ~ Clean~ Unique~Charming~Comffy..just special

√ Oregon best kept secret. I'm well traveled, Stardust hotel my choice way better than the Ritz, Marriott. Thank you.
√ The company should be proud of this gem.
Special shout out to the beautiful kind sweet room attendant. You rock the head band, rambo!. Best cleaningness I experience. I would hire you in a heart beat. Your mom must be proud :) pls do the world a favor and don't ever change.

√The Hotel manager must be proud thanks for the hospitalITY.

My Tip : pause life, enjoy gods land, cherish the fresh air, nature ...soak it up. I guarantee life will be there just as u left it.

Suggestion: hot tub/spa, gift shop I forgot contact solution. Evening reception with alcohol. Vending machines.

√ likelihood to return or recommend: Highly likely.

#paradiseinoregon

Date of stay: June 2013
2  Thank ExpectOnlyTheBest
Reviewed 5 September 2012

we stayed at the Stardust for an over nighter in the summer of 2010, at that time, the cost was $40 a night and although it looked like half the people living there were permanent residents, it still offered a low cost pleasant nights stay.

fast forward to labor day weekend 2012 to our second and last stay at the Stardust, the price of a room was $60, the permanent residents looked like they invited their friends to stay with them, with tables, chairs and an ashtray/bucket outside every door, the place reeked of cigarette smoke, I'm an ex 2 pack a day smoker (smoke free for 3 years of of this writing) and to me, it was way to much smoking for a motel, normally, for me being an ex smoker, smoking doesn't generally bother me, but this was more then normal in my opinion.

the room we had was nice, but the bed was horrible, it was nothing more then an old 6 inch mattress on top of a piece of plywood, I have a bad back and like a hard bed, but this was so hard, I could hardly walk when I woke up in the morning, I've had better nights camping and sleeping on the ground.

reading the other reviews, it looks as though the higher rated reviews are coming from people that had extended stays at the motel, maybe some of the permanent residents I encountered? and it sounds as though their long term rentals may be a bargain, (one review listed a week rental at $150) so if your traveling and just looking for a place to spent the night, I'd skip right past this one. But, if your unemployed, and roaming the country looking for work or a place to stay, this might be an option for you with their low monthly rent, but don't expect to find work in Curtin, the motel is about the only place left that's still in business. the gas station next door is closed up, and the shop across the street doesn't look like it's been open in years. and the old pizza place across the freeway has since been torn down.

the only other thing that really bothered me was the sign that read "if you leave your dog unattended in your room, we will call the pound and have it removed" I couldn't help but think of poor ol' grandma, traveling to Curtin to lay her dear sweet brother to rest after 90 years, only to return to her motel room and find her precious lap dog "fluffy" missing. I would think before management removes a dog from a motel room, it would probably be a good idea to know why it was there in the first place, just don't assume it was abandoned, or it's damaging the room.

over all, our second stay at the motel was a bad experience and we won't be returning.

Date of stay: September 2012
7  Thank Stuart L
Reviewed 17 August 2012

My family stayed here for 1 night, and that was too much. It looked nice and the people seemed nice except for a couple rooms below our room. guy sitting on bench smoking marijuana with a big bomb. The guy flipping out for ? Ouutside till 3 am the same person talking very loud and slamming doors while the management looks away. Never Again.

Room tip: If you need wifi or cell reception at all times not gonna happen there. Also, if you are in the rooms that are brick with rooms upstairs and downstairs good luck getting any reception unless you go out to the road.
Date of stay: August 2012
1  Thank ELLEN S
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I've stayed in weekly-rate motels in other places, and this one is absolutely the best I've seen for the price I payed. Stayed here for 8 weeks while looking for work, and I found the place to be clean, well-cared-for, and efficiently run. The on-site manager, Cia, was friendly and professional. She runs a tight ship but with a genuinely caring attitude. The cleaning crew and maintenance were all very welcoming and professional. Even the longer-term residents were friendly! There were occassional issues with late night noise and/or dogs barking, but for the most part, I was able to rest and feel secure during a transitional time in my life. The location is beautiful (take the 5-minute walk down to the park!), and it's about 10 minutes from Cottage Grove (decent-sized town) and a half-hour from Eugene. I would recommend this place to anyone who needs longer-term, lower-priced accomodations.

Date of stay: February 2012
3  Thank Greg F
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Sure, the bed linens could be updated, the wi-fi could be a little faster, the rooms could stand to house wall-mounted hair dryers and toasters, and they should let me paint the walls in ingenious landscapes of the mind and spirit... BUT Ciao (pronounced Chia) gently helps you mellow out while providing you three choices of fresh brewed joe... baby strength, respectable octane, and Russian... along with a few decent continental breakfast options. It's a safe, clean, green and friendly place you go to hide away from the world and work on your inner labyrinth. If I were ever to get back to that book writin' and sketchin' I'd been puttin' off then I'd seriously consider campin' out at the Stardust Motel in Curtin, Oregon. When I finally manifest big dough, I'll buy out the boarded up cafe and gas stations nearby and set up a really cool vaudville-esque theater, laundry cafe n affordable eatery there. After that, I'll perform a geothermal survey on the area to locate the hidden source of the medicinal sulfurous and coppery waters that feed the establishment's bath water and set up a chillin' hot springs retreat. There's a groovy antique shop next door I still gotta check out. Oh, and with a big pixie-filled park a nice walk away, a giant sun studded convenient store with mystical hours of operation down the street, and a giant tree of life staring me down as I peer out my window at the on-ramp to the I-5 it's quite apparent that this little nook stands to become a wonderous port o' call for alien types like me. Or should I keep this best kept secret on the down low? Gotta remember to decorate that tree before I go. PEACE.

Room tip: If you got little ones then camp out at the Holiday Inn etc. We've got a home-schooled teen of unusually mellow temperament that comes from a boy scout/wildernesser background so he can hack it. Stardust Motel's really for adults needing an affordable refuge and a lot of peace n quiet.
Date of stay: February 2012