See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

This is a no-frills low budget option, fine for a solo traveler who just wants a shower and a bed for the night, but next time I'll pay a little more for a room elsewhere.

Very dated, kinda dirty and a little shady at night. As for nearby amenities, there's a busy little dive bar in the Chinese restaurant in the same lot.

If you're on a super-tight budget, it'll work for you. If you've got a little wiggle room, go elsewhere.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank AndromedaSky
Reviewed 25 September 2017

I was shocked at the condition and service since this is a Comfort Inn. If you have to stay here,get a room upstairs in the back. There's a restaurant and bar in the parking lot. The "breakfast" was coffee, juice, toast and some really awful pastries - and I'm not fussy about my sweets. The first room I was sent to, I had to body slam the door (new paint I was told) only to find an unmade bed. I scooted out of there quickly and went downstairs for another room. This one was ready for use.
Pros: The room had been recently painted.
I felt the carpet and bathroom were clean.
We were going to be going to the beach in someone else's car after we'd checked out. I asked if we could possibly leave our car in the lot. The man was very cordial and said sure, no problem.
Cons: We were there the weekend prior to OSU classes beginning. I was charged $150; rooms now are online for $70.
There's a tile hallway to access the stairs to 2nd floor. It was filthy. no telling when it was last mopped.
Bed was a double, not queen.
Room only had one night stand even tho there was room for two.
The heat/a/c unit had a plastic face on it that didn't fit. The bottom piece was broken. Someone had used packing tape, like wide scotch tape, to try to tape it on. The thing did work, tho, so that was a plus.
I had left home without some necessary items. No, they did not have any toothbrushes at the office.
Something was wrong with their cable service so 3 or 4 of the channels got no sound. The others worked so it wasn't the TV.
I did not have trouble sleeping due to noise, but my husband said he did.
If this or a $229 room elsewhere were my choices, like they were this time, I'd spend the money for better surroundings.
Altho it is listed as being on the river, there is a small public parking lot behind on the river side. There is no view of the water due to foliage. You'd really never know there's a river there except for the bridge right next to the motel.

Room Tip: stay upstairs, in the back due to the restaurant/bar in the parking lot in front and river path walkers in back.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank lifeisgood720
Reviewed 31 July 2017

The Inn is adjacent to the park along the river which runs through town. This was a last minute reservation for 1 night -- selected because of availability and price. Appearance both inside and out bordered on grim... the sort of place you expect in a seedy detective movie. Unfortunately as you would expect, bedspreads were used and not washed, 3 of 4 pillows smelled of body odor (we did get a replacement) and at that point we chose to wear our flops all the time while in the room. Overall conclusion, all of above was not and oversight, just how they do business.

Room Tip: River side?
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank jeannebell
Reviewed 15 July 2017

You get what you pay for. We were in town for our daughter's OSU orientation. All the motels/hotels in town seem expensive for a small town. We chose this one based on it's lower price. There's a reason it's lower price. After putting my key card into the slot, I had to body slam the door to get it to open, it was so warped. The bed was comfortable and it was nice to have a microwave and fridge. However, at 6:30 AM we discovered there was no hairdryer in the room. There was something gross staining the shower curtain. I called the front desk to see if they had one to loan. The phone just rang and rang for at least 3 or 4 minutes before I hung up. So I went to the front office only to find the door locked. I rang the labeled "night bell" and no one answered. I ended up going to buy a hairdryer. Later that day when I came back and inquired about the hairdryer, the man handed me one and said "we don't open until 7" W_F? No one's on duty until 7? Thank goodness we didn't have an emergency.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Linda G
Reviewed 9 July 2017

Visiting during graduation for the OSU students this was the only available place with the most reasonable rates for my stay. With demand for rooms in Corvallis high the rate was extremely high for what I got.

I was assigned a room at the back facing towards the river but with no view which was ok. The room was dark with just 2 table lamps and an overhead light in the sink and bathroom areas. Very dated, blond furniture with a large table, 1 chair, a TV and a luggage rack. There was also a small fridge and a microwave which I did not use. There were drapes on the windows but no curtains so no privacy to let in light. While I was checking the room to see if I could find a TV schedule I opened all the drawers in the end tables and the dresser and I came upon a plastic container ( used as an ice bucket) filled with a brownish liquid in the dresser. I went to the front desk right away and told reception about it and he did come and clear it away. He also gave me a list of the TV stations.

I stayed here for 4 nights and the 1st night just as I was going to bed the noise from the bathroom on the 2nd floor sounded like a waterfall in my room. And the person that was staying there walked so loudly that it seemed as though there wasn't a carpet on the floor. Fortunately whoever stayed there must have stayed only one night since I didn't hear those noises again and after night that it was quiet. I was concerned about more noise from the a/c since it was held together with duct tape but, thankfully, it was reasonably quiet.

Given the location, within walking distance of the town and the Saturday greenmarket it was disappointing to stay here and I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo