“Mr. & Mrs.”

Farm Food Restaurant
Ranked #35 of 238 Restaurants in Corvallis
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Excellent food... definitely would go again... highly recommend! Food was fresh and you felt like you were eating "clean". So good. Waiter was friendly an accommodating. The owner/cook came out and visited with customers. Couldn't be more satisfied!

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 31 December 2017

My wife and i received a gift certificate from our banker for christmas and we decided to use it to take our Adult son (a local contractor)and his wife (a local kindergarten teacher)Along with our adult daughter visiting from NYC... That makes 5 adults in our group... They would not seat us as to we were too large a group ???? They suggested that we split up BS ... We instead went down toun to a new place named Castor.. Had a great time and will be back there again... Stay away fron Farm Food .. Not worth the drive....

Date of visit: December 2017
2  Thank Mike J
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Service was friendly and fast and attentive. Food was just OK overall, though the fried olive appetizers were a standout.

My rockfish was heavily breaded but tasty with oily sauteed zucchini on the side; my partner's ribeye was super salty. Oddly nearly everything we (party of four) ordered was garnished with the same chopped bell peppers and scallions.

The "banana cream pie" dessert was a very small (less than 3" wide) ramekin of pudding with whipped cream on top, and hardly any crust.

There was nothing about our food that said "farm to table" to me, it just seemed like average restaurant food trying a little to be upscale.

The chef? manager? owner? stopped by several times to ask how the food was, which was nice, but once is sufficient.

The building is shared with a convenience store (with a small parking lot) but the interior is nice looking - though the lamp on our table was so big that it half blocked my view of my dining partner across the table.

Overall I have no reason to go back.

P. S. They have a no tipping policy. Prices were in line with what I expected at a slightly upscale eatery.

Also P. S. Some reviewers have mentioned that the owner/manager was rude. We didn't experience that, but our dining mates who arrived before us said that we had just missed an argument between him and a customer who wanted to bring in a service dog.

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank Sashazur
Reviewed 1 October 2017

Having grown up in the Corvallis area and moved away I can really appreciate the culinary struggles the locals have in finding good places to eat. I met my parents there at Farm Food to celebrate my birthday and enjoyed a nice meal. I would say that everything we had was good (very good by Corvallis standards) but not excellent if you're used to what you can get in a larger city. I had the New York and it was good but the Rib Eye my parents had was better. The fried olives were much better than I thought they would be (I would order them again) but I thought the sauce that comes with them could use a little work.
This is really a nice addition to the Corvallis area restaurant scene and I would eat here again.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 25 September 2017

I visited family in Corvallis, OR this past weekend, and took them out to dinner at Farm Food Restaurant. I highly rate the food. I live in the Las Vegas area, so am accustomed to quality food. Farm Food provided just that. The steak I ordered was on par with some of the best steak houses I have been to. I loved their take on potatoes. We had fried oysters as an appetizer, and unfortunately they were deep fried rather than pan fried. That was our only issue with the food. The service was good and the chef came out to speak with the patrons about their food experiences. A few things to be aware of: 1) tips not allowed, and 2) no parties over 4 people.

Date of visit: September 2017