“Yum!!”
Review of Al Jebal

Al Jebal
Ranked #28 of 235 Restaurants in Corvallis
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Great flavorful food and Turkish coffee. Attached to Lebanese market. Nice little cafe. Beautiful presentation too.

1  Thank oregontraveller51

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Found this place by chance on a recent outing. So glad we ate here! The food was excellent. I had what might be the best lamb shank I've ever eaten. It was cooked so perfectly that the meat just fell off the bone and so tender. It came on a bed of delicious kabsa rice. We also had Lebanese style tandoori chicken, falafel, hummus with pita bread and dolma. Everything was so good! We loved it so much that we ordered more food to take back home with us. If you like Middle Eastern food you really should try this place. The menu has a pretty good selection of entrees and appetizers. They even have shawarma in pita bread if you just want something simple. For drinks they have the usual soft drinks and teas. I recommend a nice fresh mint lemonade which is very nice (and goes great with the lamb). Portions are generous and prices very reasonable.

Oh, and there is a very nice little market attached that has spices and other mid east products that you can't find in other stores. Both the restaurant and the market are owned by the same family. Very nice people!

5  Thank Tommy O
Reviewed 3 April 2018

I didm't want to share this place, but I have to. My son showed me this place. Try the goat with rice.

3  Thank Dustymouse
Reviewed 31 July 2017

I would not have found this place if not for a friend who lives in Corvallis. Small, clean with spare decor and delicious food. I'm a fan of middle eastern food and this restaurant is certainly one of the best that I've tried. We had the lamb shanks with rice (lamb shanks tend to be a rarity in restaurants as they take a long time to cook properly). The lamb was butter soft and the portions were huge. Price was also quite reasonable. We were traveling through so I am sorry that I cannot go back and try all of their wonderful looking side dishes.

4  Thank jeannebell
Reviewed 19 July 2017

This is a delightful small restaurant at the back of an interesting Middle Eastern grocery and store.The food is fresh and delicious with a variety of options. Be sure to try the tahini sauce and the yogurt dressing for the cucumber salad. The portions are huge, enough for two moderate eaters to share, but we usually order two meals and take home for the next day too. Options allow both vegetarians and carnivores to eat well.The service is quick and quietly friendly. The restaurant attracts a varied clientele, including students from OSU. During Ramadan, the restaurant only serves after sundown.

4  Thank honeybee8280

Been to Al Jebal? Share your experiences!