All reviews fire pit few minor issues willamette river beautiful hotel within walking distance the location is perfect mini fridge a great place to stay front desk floor safeway elevator downtown lobby housekeeping osu shower
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott in Corvallis, Oregon for my 40th high school reunion weekend. I cannot speak highly enough about my overall experience. My room was beautiful: top floor with wrap around balcony with a view of the Willamette River and the hotel’s outdoor patio. The staff were genuine, generous, helpful and had a wonderful sense of humor while also exhibiting the utmost professionalism. I highly recommend staying at this wonderfully accommodating and beautifully-appointed hotel during your stay in the lovely little town of Corvallis, Oregon.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 August 2018

The conner room have a balcony from which you can watch people float down the river. The hotel is new, but has limited amenities such as no room service. It is very close to many of the restaurants and bars in the area.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2018

This property opened 7 months ago. Modern, spotless and best of all the top notch service. Staffs are so polite and very knowledge of the Marriott brand. From check in to out, professionally accommodate all my requests. Location is great. Walking distance to Safeway and lots of options for local restaurants. I m a big city California girl. I wasn't planning to enjoy my small town experience but turn out I do very much highly recommended and will plan to go back. Thank you for having me as a guest.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Josh M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Corvallis, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Thank you for the great review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We look forward to seeing you next time your travels bring you back to Corvallis.

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Was in town for a family wedding. This Courtyard appears to be new. Excellent location, an easy walk to shops, restaurants and brew-pubs in downtown. Nicely furnished, large rooms and comfortable common areas including a 4th floor terrace with fire pit overlooking the Willamette River. The staff was clearly well-trained and friendly. Would stay here again any time.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Josh M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Corvallis, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Thank you for the great review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you next time your travels bring you back to Corvallis!

Reviewed 6 August 2018

I would give this newer Courtyard 5 stars but there were a few minor issues that gave it 4.

The hotel itself is very nice, with large, CLEAN comfortable rooms, and excellent AC. The Bistro has lovely breakfasts. The majority of the employees were pleasant and friendly.

The location is great - the river front area is perfect, even on a hot day/evening. It feels safe to walk by yourself at night, with many restaurants and pubs to head out to, all within walking distance. The walking path is heavenly and the views are gorgeous on all sides. There is also a small Safeway within 2 blocks if needed.

Parking is easy with floors 2 and 3 being a garage. The downside? If you drive a large vehicle, you will have issues parking. We had to remove all our antennas to fit under the 7 foot limit (barely) and nearly all the spots in the garage are for compact cars. We hung out badly due to this and had to hope no one would hit us. There are only a few spots on the sides of the hotel and all were taken both nights. It was mentioned to us that we could use a parking lot a couple blocks away.....ummmmmm, why would I park that far away? At Midnight? And leave our truck in a random lot? If you have to street park, do NOT park on the Postal Service side of the side road - they will tow.

Finding the main entrance is confusing. It is via the alleyway, which should be one way, but doesn't seem to be. Better signing for nighttime is warranted.

If you are there during windy periods, and in the non-river side, the howling that comes up the AC units is "interesting". It sounds like when dogs wail when sirens go by. First night it was quiet. Night two, it started around 5 pm and went till halfway through the night. The desk confirmed it was the wind. Wish I had been warned ahead, but I can't whine too much as we were using points for our stay I suppose. as well, there is construction directly behind the non-river side. I'd think weekdays might be noisy for awhile?

The elevators were wonky the whole stay. One quit working, right as an event was happening. The other one would go up to floor 4, then go back down to the 1. It was frustrating.

The other odd things were no bath mat liners for the tubs. The tubs were very slippery. And I thought it odd that I ran out of a lady product and had gone downstairs to beg for one. Most Marriott properties always seem to have a few various sundry items they will have on hand for those "oops" moments - like a toothbrush or toothpaste packet, or a spare lady product. Which they didn't have, but I sure could go buy a box of them from the hotel.

25 cents Marriot. 25 cents is what those go for in a machine. It is a nice gesture to your female travelers in case of an unplanned emergency. So one can walk to the Safeway to get an actual box after. It kind of soured our stay, because I have had much better service in so many Marriot properties.

But overall, I would recommend the hotel, with a few small issues to consider.

Room Tip: Stay on the river side. The town side rooms can have a howling in the AC unit from the wind.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Sarah K
Josh M, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Corvallis, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Thank you Sarah for the postive feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed most aspects of your stay and we are going to pass along the valuable information you shared to the appropriate team at our property to ensure your future stays are perfect! We look forward to seeing you next time your travels bring you to the Corvallis area!