“Safe, Clean, and Cheap”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Coos Bay
Canada
“Safe, Clean, and Cheap”
Reviewed 20 June 2011

Not much to add to the title. The check-in process was quick and friendly. The area was safe. The room was clean. I think the Internet was an extra $2.99 or something like that.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Brunswick, Maine
Reviewed 1 June 2011

The rooms were clean and the front desk staff helpful & friendly. We had no problems switching rooms just moments after checking in due to some type of plumbing issue in the room we were originally given. The rooms were clean and somewhat comfortable- nothing extrvagant which is fine, as I expected nothing extravagant, for the very reasonable price we paid. The only real issue was the parking lot. They have FAR to many spaces crammed into a very limited space. As a result I watched several people trying to wedge giant trucks into tiny slivers of a parking place leaving NO room for either vehicle to open their doors at the very least. I was dreading and fully expecting to awaken to my car dented and scratched from the people who parked around me. I realize parking is an issue mostly controlled by the person parking the car, but really this parking lot works against the driver, making it nearly impossible for anyone to fit anywhere. To be totally honest, I would have paid more for a room in a place that allowed me to park my car without the added stress that I felt due to the parking at this particular Motel 6. And should I find myself in Coos Bay again, that is just what I'll do. If you arrive on foot, I would totally recommend this place as a reasonably priced & clean place to spend the night!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Stefernie
Sonora, California
Reviewed 4 December 2010

Although this Motel 6 wasn't new like the one in Lincoln City, we were very happy with it. The rooms were spacious and gave you two chairs. No funky hippie armpit smell in the blankets like Eureka. The shower and toilet were closed off from the vanity area, which is a really wonderful thing when traveling with another person. The room was impeccably clean. I gave it the white glove test. Not even dirty in places normally neglected. This clean-freak was impressed. Unlike Eureka and Santa Rosa, it was not the party hot spot. Perhaps this was merely the "out of California" experience. Even more shocking, a small pizza was delivered for a total of $8.95. What more could you want but a good night's sleep. And we got it.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kelly33108
pioneer, Ca.
Reviewed 23 August 2010

We stayed here 2 nights going up the coast and 1 night coming back, The second stay we were on the upper floor and it was much quieter, so I would ask for an upper floor from now on. We would stay here again because of the value and location.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paula B
Olympia
Reviewed 17 July 2010

Our non-smoking room reeked of smoke. No other rooms were available, but housekeeping did bring a spray bottle of air freshner. We reserved a room for 4, but there were only 2 towels (we were allowed to have 2 more, if we came down and got them ourselves). Our room was directly in front of the stairs, and we listened to people drag/bump their suitcases up & down until 2 a.m. On the plus side, it was cheap, and the desk clerk did recommend a good seafood restaurant.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family

7.0 km away
Plainview Motel & RV Park
34.7 km away
Sunset Oceanfront Lodging

Been to Motel 6 Coos Bay? Share your experiences!