“The art of sushi.”

Akira sushi
Ranked #21 of 94 Restaurants in Clackamas
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Reviewed 2 December 2016 via mobile

When finding a sushi restaurant there are a few things I look for. I look for fresh food, a continuing change out of the rotating sushi train, amazing "anti-fish" options, and finally consistent and kind customer service. Now I would like to take you on an adventure. Outside of the streets of downtown Portland, to a little sushi restaurant that is better than most sushi restaurants I have been to. This tiny hole in the wall is located on old 82nd dr in clackamas oregon, past all the hustle and bust of Portland and the town center.
Akira Sushi, is a valuable little place with bare floors, not much decor, very little seating..... but the most amazing sushi you will ever try. All of this is topped with customer service that will keep you coming back at least three or four times a week.
The balance between the flavors is magnificent. When I go to Akira I always grab two things off of the train, I grab the Sake, and the steak roll. They are the perfect collaboration of a classic Japanese nigiri/sashimi, and an Americanized version of a sushi roll. Of course if you come don't hesitate on grabbing or pass up on the Miso soup and the gyoza dumplings. Both are supreme picks for an appetizer.
So many magnificent options for sushi, nigiri, sashimi, entrees and more.
Now if you are anti sushi, you still need to make a trip out here, the Yakisoba noodles, and the katsu don are to die for. Though these are just the dishes I have tried! Everything so far has kept me coming back time, and time again.
At the end of your visit, don't leave until you have grabbed a serving of the green tea mochi. This is a great way to cleanse the pallet so that your trip here leaves you with a sweet and simple taste of Japanese culture.
So even if it is out of your way, take a cab, uber, bus, max, even manipulate a friend into taking you to the best sushi I've had in an incredibly long time, just make sure you come and visit Akira Sushi.

Date of visit: December 2016
1  Thank SDavies93

Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

Oh my goodness!
I loved it all and wanted more.
We will definitely be back to eat more of what we didn't get to this time.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 25 May 2016

A conveyor of carrying a variety of well executed sushi and other Japanese delicacies wanders among the tables. Diners just pick what they from the conveyor, You are charged by the color of the plates. Everything was delicious, nothing disappointing.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 2 May 2016

Inexpensive for a sushi place. Quite an assortment of creative sushi combinations. Side dishes available too (miso soup, namasu, etc.) Friendly staff.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 26 April 2016

I walked in and was pleasantly surprised when I saw all types of sushi on plates rotating on conveyor belts through the restaurant like in Japan. When seated, you can look and take what you want OR you can order from the menu. Either way, it's fast, affordable and delicious. My husband is a big fan of Akira Sushi too!

Date of visit: April 2016