“Excellent BBQ at Mary's”
Review of Mary’s BBQ Place

Mary’s BBQ Place
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

We have been wanting to try it for several months. For lunch, we each ordered a sandwich - one pulled pork and one brisket. Service was very quick. Both outstanding. Perhaps the juiciest, best BBQ that we have ever tasted - this from a business traveler that orders BBQ in such famous locals as North Carolina and Texas. Portions large ( I took several bites before taking the attached photo). Sauce was very good as well. I was told that they use oak and madrone wood. Smoker is out in front. Easy access from I-5. Mary and her partner were very welcoming. Another great addition to the Central Point culinary scene.

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank garyrichard

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

I enjoyed my pulled pork stuffed baked potato. They also had a wide variety of meats and salads available to choose from. My potato was full of meat and robust flavor and was enough to fill me up. I would definitely recommend going and trying this location for your BBQ needs. You won't be disappointed! Enjoy!

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank mwilliamsmw70
Reviewed 27 July 2017

We showed up and BAM it got busy, so maybe you could call ahead and get it to go since they have a drive up window?? We had the pulled pork and the brisket and have no complaints. Was clean in there, service was great, and the prices were very reasonable.

Date of visit: June 2017
1  Thank Michael A B
Reviewed 8 July 2017

I went in for a take home dinner tonight and asked for 2 lunch plates ($10.00 each) it came with a meat, side and a drink. They didn't have any dinner combination plates. I asked if I could substitute the drink ($1.50 per the menu) for a slice of garlic bread ($1.00). I was told no, even though the price was less for what I was asking for. I was so disappointed, and confused about why this was such an unreasonable request I left. I was hoping for a little better customer service from our local BBQ joint. I guess its their way or the highway. Like the other reviewers I also love to support local business as I have my own local business. I hope you can build off the feedback you receive and prosper.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 5 July 2017

I have been to Mary's BBQ Place on several occasions. Mary's is very casual place with picnic tables to sit at if dining in and great for a quick To-Go lunch or dinner when you just don't feel like cooking. On my last visit I had my parents in town so I ordered a four person meal and some extra ribs. We had BBQ for days! Plenty of food for more than four people. My parents loved the potato salad, the ribs, and the tri-tip. I loved the baked beans! My mom is gluten-free so this was a perfect option! I have tried all of the sides and all of the meats, even though I am not a huge fan of BBQ, but I always enjoy what I order. And now they serve cold beer!

It's important to me to support local businesses that support their communities. Mary's is no exception, she has been a huge supporter and volunteer in the community for many years and now she gives back even more with her restaurant. Donating her food and time!

Date of visit: June 2017