“Great food”

Ranked #13 of 52 Restaurants in Cannon Beach
Price range: US$7 - US$22
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch
Description: Offering a healthy choice at the coast. Many vegetarian and Gluten free options. House smoked pork and meat options also available. At dinner Cajun/Creole dishes are featured plus local Northwest ingredients. Live music nightly in the Wine Bar.
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

My main reason for choosing a restaurant is food. In this aspect, Sweet Basil’s passed with flying colors. The food was fantastic. The portions are big and choice ingredients are plentiful. The chef/ owners let you know ahead of time that it is a bit slow since all dishes are prepared right after the orders. This is not a gimmick since I saw them chopping and preparing through the open kitchen. The wait staffs are a bit surly but they did warm up slightly but they never get to being cheerful and solicitous. But as I have said, I come here to eat and all others are secondary. I ordered a glass of wine and I think they are very generous with the pouring. Life music entertainment was good.

1  Thank Rick H
Mrsilverfox, Owner at Sweet Basil's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Thanks for taking the time to give us a review. Really happy you enjoyed our food and efforts to offer fresh ingredients that just take time to prepare. Sorry to hear about the "surly" part, I'm trying to figure what happened as I usually hear good things about the staff. Ill certainly keep an eye on that, but thanks for your honesty.

John sowa
Chef/owner

Reviewed 21 April 2018

Chef John loves to cook... and he is very good at it! A Brooklynite who trained in New Orleans, he knows his way around traditional American food-- my wife had a turkey/bacon/other good stuff special that she loved-- and Cajun creations like the perfect seafood jambalaya that I had. The entire menu looks wonderful!

Meal portions are generous, the wine list is very nice-- even the house red is a cut above the usual-- and the prices are very reasonable.

Service was timely from seating to serving to presenting the bill, and Shea, our server, was friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable.

We will definitely be back!!

Mrsilverfox, Owner at Sweet Basil's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2018

Thanks David for your review. Its always great to hear "we done good"! Glad you enjoyed your visit and your return to CB.
Tks again

Reviewed 17 April 2018

We always stop by here when we go to Cannon beach. We ordered the mushroom panini and it was quite good. Service can be better though

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

Gracious service, wonderful wine recommendation, excellent seafood. Atmosphere is eclectic and warm. Very pleasant experience, best meal we had in Cannon Beach.

1  Thank Chris A
Mrsilverfox, Owner at Sweet Basil's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Hi, thanks for your great review of your experience at Sweet Basils. I'm always please when we perform to what you deserve as a guest. Hope to see you on a return trip to CB.

John Sowa
Chef/owner

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

We had a hard time trying to decide what to order. There are SO many great options and service was excellent.

1  Thank Beaverdam213