“Underwhelming, and poor representation if they want to sell you membership.”

WorldMark Bend - Seventh Mountain Resort
Ranked #25 of 45 Hotels in Bend
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Beautiful grounds, but some of it feels a bit tired.

The hard sell is annoying,but I get it. It's their business plan. But if you're going to give me the hard sell, then take better care of the room I'm about to stay in!

Also, it's disappointing they spend all the time on that during check in and don't mention the bike rentals, and gloss over most of their onsite amenities very quickly.

Front desk only had one key for us (they were running low and said we could come back in the morning... it was 10pm?). We got an older room (1517). I actually liked the layout better than our friends updated room (1637, I think?) but the furniture was clearly dated. Mattress was saggy in the middle. Hair found on top of toilet tank in the attached bathroom. Hair found on the counter top of the bathroom off the living area. Also, the soap provided at this place was horrible on my skin. I stay in lots of hotels (travel for work) and don't get too picky with the soap... but this stuff was harsh.

Mini golf course is functional but looks pretty tired. They can't sell beer at the little general store because they have no OLCC license.

We did not have this issue, but heard at least 3 other parties complain about wasps in their room. It's really just unacceptable. I wouldn't sign up for their membership based on this property, that's for certain. The positives? Everybody was pretty nice and courteous, I suppose.

Room Tip: They tell you every room has the "best view" so good luck.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Sara C, Owner Care at WorldMark Bend - Seventh Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Thank you for your review. We apologize for your experiences and that your stay did not meet expectations. Please let us know if we may be of assistance in making your next stay more enjoyable.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

We rented a town home at Seventh Mountain for a family snow trip.

We really enjoyed the ice skating, fire pits, pools and hot tubs. The resort is close to Bachelor.

The town homes are individually owned so some are more run down than others. Also there was no restaurant on site so be prepared to bring your own food or to drive.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Heather W, Owner Care at WorldMark Bend - Seventh Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Thank you for joining us last winter season at WorldMark Seventh Mountain. How delightful to enjoy the crisp mountain air with so many amenities like skating, fire pits and hot tubs. We hope to see you again this upcoming winter season!

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Started my vacation off in a bad mood after my parking pass was held hostage while they harvest details about my family then try to sign me up for a timeshare presentation. So tacky! Pro tip: while they're busy asking your children their names and ages, grab your parking pass and just walk out. The pool was nice.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Alexis N, Owner Care at WorldMark Bend - Seventh Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. I apologize that you felt the parking pass was held hostage. Unlike a hotel, we are a timeshare and do attempt to sign up guests for presentations. You can always refuse and do please ask for a Sales manager if you feel you are not heard.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

The resort itself was nice and a great place for a family. Lots to do right on the property, and near by - Bend mill district is a short drive away. Was disappointed when we got there as they informed us that their policy just changed and guests were not allowed at the pool and wristbands were required. We picked this place to stay specifically so my friend and her son that we were visiting could come and hang at the pool with us. I had to ask to speak to the manager and they finally gave us two extra wrist bands. They should have informed us of this, nothing was explained in the reservations. Even though they ended up letting our guests join us, they weren't too friendly about it. The front desk manager is not a good representative for the property in my experience. Had we know about the policy in advance, we would have stayed elsewhere. Immediately after that experience we were directed to another desk to get our parking pass which was really the time share sales - another 30 min wasted. I was also disappointed that they didn't tell us about a really great hiking trail right from the property. I found it by accident as I was looking out the back door and noticed a few people walking by. The condo we stayed at was really nice and the amenities were nicely taken care of. Overall I have mixed feelings about our experience - property was great, front desk manager kind of put us in a bad mood at check in. The kids enjoyed it, and we ended up hiking down the trail. I would recommend to stay, but make sure to read the fine print when booking.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Cammas F
Alexis N, Owner Care at WorldMark Bend - Seventh Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Dear Cammas,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate all feedback as it lets us know where to improve and what to remain consistent on. I'm sorry the policy of guest wristbands disappointed you. This system was suggested to us as a way to increase security and ensure guests staying at the resort were not overrun by visitors. It is still a practice under review so again thank you for the feedback.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Close to city of Bend. Hiking trails and mountain bike trails from the site. Rafting on Deschutte River, paddle boarding, horseback riding all start from here. Rent mountain bikes and more. Four swimming pools.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends