“Beautiful location really nice rooms but some amenities not working”

WorldMark Bend - Seventh Mountain Resort
Ranked #26 of 44 Hotels in Bend
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 11 June 2017

I thought the resort was very nice. The one bedroom was really big for a one bedroom. It had two full baths. The staff were very friendly and tried to be accommodating.

This is a mixed use resort some people rent a unit some people on and then there's Worldmark. It's a pretty big property I think they have two pools, a restaurant/bar with outdoor seating by fireplaces. Also have mini golf.

The registration area is very pretty they have a section with the fireplace and seats and a large TV so you can sit and enjoy

The fireplaces do not work. They were wood burning fireplaces they need to be converted to gas fireplaces .

There is a pretty small flatscreen TV in the bedroom, a bigger TV in the living room which does not work because it's analog and they are converting to digital so we were stuck watching TV in the bedroom whenever we wanted to watch TV.

Our one-bedroom unit had a separate balcony off the bedroom and another one off the living room looking out into the forest which was just beautiful. The bedroom was big and even had a table and chair in it.

I would definitely go back but not until they have the TVs working in the fireplace is working because it was pretty cold when we went there in the mornings even in June

There were several nice golf courses in the area also. The drive into town to eat or shop is not that far. They have all Walmart supercenter and an Albertsons.

Sisters Oregon is about half an hour or so away. I would suggest driving there is a drive is pretty and you can see the three sisters mountains. If you're into quilting you probably already know about the stitching post and sisters great quilt shop cute town

There's plenty of sports type activities to do rafting down the river hiking etc.

The one issue we had were three little kids for 2 1/2 days running almost constantly from one into the unit above us to the other even past 11 o'clock. They sounded like a herd of elephants and it was very loud. We were told they could not say anything to them during the day and we had to wait until after 10 o'clock quiet time. To me that is absolutely ridiculous. I don't blame the staff they are just following Worldmark rules.

So they don't want to disturb the people that are stir being other people it just doesn't make sense Running in the unit should not be allowed. If a kid fell and hit his head on the table they be the first people to see Worldmark. To me that is unnecessary noise and activity. They finally left so we had a day and a half of peace and quiet.

Upon checking I even made a comment when they put us on the second floor that I hope there were no kids up on the third floor. Lol.

Anyway, we still enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Get on top floor. If you have kids get on the bottom floor and be considerate of other guests if y...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vegasgal47

Reviewed 9 June 2017

On the plus side: The setting could not be more beautiful! The view from our balcony was totally stunning, with tons of tall pines and mountains in the background. The grounds are spacious, with lots of activities for vacation travelers. Despite arriving rather late, check-in was efficient and friendly.

While the condo was quite comfortable, it was not without issues. One lamp in the living room area did not work, and the master bedroom only had a full-sized bed. Luckily my girlfriend is petite, and I don't move much when I sleep. Otherwise I would have had to sleep in the Murphy bed in the living room. The internet access is free, and not password-protected. But it wound up being intermittent. The WiFi connection remained solid, but server connections would frequently drop out for long stretches of time.

The closest grocery store is several miles away. Best to stop there and get coffee/supplies before checking in.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Synguru
Reviewed 30 April 2017

Run down rude and lots of bait and switch. Paid !00% upfront on Expedia and they did not honor my reservation and sent me to a different resort miles away where I met another family with same experience. Advertise one price and then say not available. I think they select their guests based on highest rate and toss off the rest at the last minute.

Stayed: July 2016
5  Thank tle
Alexis N, Owner Care at WorldMark Bend - Seventh Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

I am so sorry. This does not sound like our Count On Me Service. Could you please email us the details at wvosocialresponse@wyn.com so we can look into this?

Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

This Worldmark has more amenities to enjoy. They even offer river rafting . Restaurant is on site if you don't want to drive 5 miles to where most of the restaurants are. They have heated pool with choices of salt water or chlorine and hot sauna. Quiet, forest setting. The room is clean and spacious. It also has been updated. Great staff. Excellent worldmark facility.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Angie A
Alexis N, Owner Care at WorldMark Bend - Seventh Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2017

Thank you so much for sharing your experience, Angie. We hope you come back to visit us soon.

Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

The room was nice, but was not impressed with the check in. In order to get our parking pass we were strong armed into attending a "time share" sales pitch that they charged $20 for. As we were tired and somewhat unaware what was going on the evening we checked in, we paid and unsure what it really was for. Be aware!

Stayed: March 2017
2  Thank Aurora R
Management response:Responded 7 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with your stay at the WorldMark Seventh Mountain Bend resort Aurora. I apologize for the delay in your check-in, and am disappointed to hear your interaction with the resort sales staff did not meet your expectations, as this is not part of the Count On Me service we take pride in. I know that after a long day of traveling the last thing you want to do is wait to get into your room and it is important that our guests are treated well. I assure you that we will be taking the necessary actions so this is not an issue for future guests. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay and hope you visit us again.