“Great Cottage!”
other travellers have booked this property
Patio with BBQ and propane heater
Private parking, entry and storage unit. New Level 2 EV Charger inside the storage unit. Queen size Captain's bed with 600count linens
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Queen size Captain's bed with 600count linens
New LCD HD TV in Bedroom
Tile shower with double shower heads and grab bars
Shower with an assortment of soaps and hair care products. 4 sets of towels.
Ample counter top and mirrors. Blow dryer, curling iron and various lotions provided
Bedding and art rotated with seasons
Fully equipped kitchen with stainless steel appliances including a diswasher
Washer and Dryer -Icemaker in freezer. Laundry and cleaning products provided
Queen size sofa bed with full 600 thread count linens.
LCD HD TV, Cable, BluRay DVD and surround sound systems in living room
Full sets of glass and stem ware
Table setting for 8
complete sets of pots, pans- toaster and blender
Coffee, French press, bean grinder and a large selection of teas
Generous assortment of seasonings
Coffee flavorings and  loaner growler
Cottage patio as seen from the 'Stairway to Heaven'
view looking up the 'Stairway to Heaven'
Bench at the top of the 'Stairway to Heaven'--listen to the river from here
Summer blossoms
Fall colors. New Level 2 EV charger inside Storage locker. Loaner ice chest and Beach Towels too.
Fall is a season for the plants to prepare for next Spring. It is also one of the greatest times to visit Bend and hike...
Winter peacefulness also signals ski and board season.
Vies of Bend from Pilot Butte in early winter. Seen are Broken Top and the Three Sisters
From Pilot Butte overlooking Bend. Middle and North Sisters, Black Crater, Mt Washington, Black Butte, Three Finger...
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

jennanewc...
White Salmon, Washington
“Great Cottage!”
Reviewed 30 May 2018 for a stay in May 2018
person found this review helpful

Great rental! Don P. is a wonderful host. The Cottage is a short walk from downtown Bend! Definitely worth renting!

31 May 2018
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay in the Cottage.I appreciate your mention of ..."worth renting!". The Second Street Cottage is not the least expensive lodging available and your affirmation speaks to the "value" offered. Please do come back and stay with us again.
DonP
LeeAnnB15...
“Beautiful, well-appointed & quiet cottage in heart of Bend--walking distance to downtown”
Reviewed 9 April 2018 for a stay in January 2018

I really enjoyed my stay at the Second Street Cottage during the early part of this year. Bend has its charms and this is a quiet cottage located in the heart of Bend, just a couple blocks from the Deschutes River and walking distance to downtown. Second Street Cottage is well-appointed--everything I needed was provided and Don, the host, has thought of everything that makes it feel like home, and more. It was a pleasure meeting Don and Marline and living among the beautiful grounds that they maintain. Their generous hospitality made me feel welcomed--an unexpected bonus. I think the wonderful hiking trails in the area and the downtown coffee shops will stand out most as the highlights of my trip. Looking forward to a return visit.

10 Apr 2018
Thank you for your business and glowing review. It was a pleasure hosting you and we do hope to see you again. Whether a short term traveler or long term cottager (what we call all of our guests), Marline and I let the guest set the tone for how much or little interaction we have. Regardless, we try to check in at least once a week to ensure everything is working properly and all needs/expectations are being met. We also conduct fire and life safety checks each month. Each time a guest mentions the seclusion and oasis like setting of the Cottage, big smiles comes to our faces. The professionally designed landscaped and well maintained 1/4 + acre grounds are unique to downtown. . Now if the resident deer would just sop eating the flowers, live would be even better. LOL
James D
“Great experience!”
Reviewed 2 January 2018 for a stay in December 2017

My family of four stayed in the cottage 4 nights and we were all very pleased with our stay. The cottage is located a short walk from downtown shops and food. It is also close to the frozen yogurt place my kids love. Don is very helpful and checked in with us frequently to make sure everything was in order. I would definitely recommend this rental, and I would stay there again for sure.

4 Jan 2018
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Marline and I try to provide the best of the best of everything for our Cottagers. Glad you liked the coffee we provided. Whether it is 800 thread count sheets or a selection of spices and condiments, we strive to provide our guests a value added lodging experience. We also do check in with our Cottagers to ensure that everything is meeting their needs and expectations. This is especially true with those traveling with young children. We realize travelers have many lodging choices in Bend and appreciate your trust. Please do stay with us again and thanks for your business.
patrickfa...
Carlsbad, California
“What an awesome cottage!”
Reviewed 27 November 2017 for a stay in October 2017

I stayed in Don's cottage for a month and loved it! I drove up from San Diego and Don had an electric car charger put in right before I arrived so it was nice to be able to charge my car at the cottage!

About the cottage: It was EXTREMELY clean and looked as if the cottage had just been redone. They take great pride in their cottage and it shows. All of the amenities are there as I cooked most nights. I really cannot think of anything I would change. The deer hang out in the backyard so that was nice as well.

About the area: It is short walk to downtown and Drake Park. I walked most everywhere and enjoyed the proximity to downtown, the park and the river. So much to do in the downtown area to include restaurants, bars, coffee shops, etc. I love the Bend area and will definitely come back soon!

Overall, I recommend this for anyone traveling to Bend. Perfect for one person and if couple, great for both of you. It isn't large but very quaint.

29 Nov 2017
Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review. Marline and I had been considering adding a Level 2 Electric Vehicle charger to the Cottage for some time and your visit made it happen. Thanks for educating us on the selection and use of the EV charger. The secure installation immediately adjacent to the Cottage parking pad is both convenient and discrete for guests. Installation of the Charger also clearly signals our commitment to protecting the environment while enhancing the guest experience.
We do strive to provide an immaculate environment and quality furnishing. Since we perform most of the cleaning and maintenance of the Cottage, we can easily identify anything which might need extra attention. It is common for us to touch up paint or clean any stains as soon as they are noticed, thus the almost “never lived in” appearance. And with Marline and I both having healthcare backgrounds, we know to pay extra attention to cleaning; a task which routinely take 4-5 manhours, regardless of the prior guest’s length of stay.
The Cottage is licensed for up to four guests and especially in warmer weather, lives larger than its size. The only access to the bathroom is through the bedroom so we try to communicate that to any party with 3 or more travelers.
As you mentioned, from the Cottage one can walk nearly anywhere is Bend, especially downtown. What is unique about the Cottage is that it is situated on over .25 acres and secluded. The retreat like setting is home to numerous deer and it is common to see them sleeping right outside the Cottage windows.
Please do tell your Electric Vehicle owning friends about the Cottage. We believe we are the only short term vacation home in Bend to offer the Charging amenity.
lindnersm...
Bend, Oregon
“First Class Accommodations”
Reviewed 8 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

A fantastic cottage, location and host! Don's attention to detail made for a terrific getaway. The cottage is first class all the way. We'll be back for sure.

9 Oct 2017
Glad you two enjoyed your stay. We do try to anticipate every need/amenity a traveler might desire. As you indicated, it is a high quality lodging experience. The Cottage is so much more than just a place to sleep and maybe make a meal. The seclusion on our .25+ acre grounds is unmatched for being just a 4 minute walk to downtown. The cobblestone off street parking pad and private entrance are just the beginning of the surprises. When a guest opens the front door they immediately notice the abundant natural light, high end finishes and quality furnishing. Looking out the French doors at the private patio, BBQ, and well-manicured grounds gives an immediate feeling of comfort and peacefulness. Marline and I hope to see you again soon, perhaps for an extended stay. Thank you for your business. DonP
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing