1,407 results
All reviews pillow menu french press downtown bend boutique hotel turn down service heart of downtown steam room amazing hotel favorite hotel the lower level the entire staff ground coffee top floor the location is perfect sitting area beautiful room drake park
Reviewed 28 September 2017

It's not often I feel compelled to write a review. But, my recent stay at The Oxford was so special, I wanted to share my experience. Last week, I had to go to Bend for business. Because it fell on the day of my wife and my 33 year anniversary, she accompanied me. We made the reservation at The Oxford for several reasons; the reviews on-line, it's location in old town downtown, and it's proximity to great restaurants and of course, great shopping for my wife.

We could tell from the very beginning we made the right choice. From our initial warm greeting and assistance from the Valet/Doormen, the unique single desk check-in experience, and finally our room, itself.

Our room was a beautiful suite, with separate sleeping and "living" quarters. It was equipped with a mini-fridge, microwave, and some of the best coffee I've ever had. And, instead of the normal hotel variety coffee pot, they had fresh ground coffee and a french press. The taste of the local blend was a delight and had a great kick to start the day.

The staff was aware of our special occasion, and we were greeted with a bottle of chilled champagne and 2 chocolate covered strawberries. Also, there was a handwritten note congratulating us on our anniversary. The welcoming nature of the staff, their desire to cater to our every need, and a true commitment to customer service was second to none.

Our stay was so enjoyable, we want to return to Bend for an extended stay, in order to enjoy the many activities to do and places to see. And, most importantly, we wouldn't think about staying anywhere else, but The Oxford. Thanks to the entire staff. It was a pure delight.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

After putting in 1300 miles in 7 days at airbnbs(all wonderful in their own way) we opted to stay posh and splurged on the Oxford. This place had the most comfortable bed we had slept on. A comfy robe. Hot high water pressure shower. Big tub. Nice clean spa area (Swedish and the swamp heater style saunas; and a whirlpool). Friendly staff.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2017

This hotel was booked for me and my husband when we came to Bend for a job interview. We had no idea what to expect and we were so happy to find ourselves in the Oxford. It was clean, beautiful, quaint, smelled delicious. The staff were incredibly nice and helpful. We were greeted with fresh cookies. Our room was clean and comfortable. The location is right in the heart of "downtown" bend and close to the river, shops and restaurants. They offered free bicycles to use. Such a great experience.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 21 September 2017

I stayed there recently and wrote the General Manager about my experience and never heard back from them! Very surprising and very disappointing.

I had the pleasure of staying at your hotel over the eclipse weekend and loved just about everything!! I spent a couple of years planning this trip and booked a room at your hotel 2 years ago! It was well worth it and you deserve all of the raves that you have received over the years. Especially from Tripadvisor. Loved the Cascade Suite and the staff.

Unfortunately, we had a really awful experience on our last day and I feel the need to share some information with you as I am still very upset about the entire incident. I will try to make this as brief as I can.

On Tuesday morning, August 22nd I went downstairs and asked the young woman at the desk to recommend something to do. We wanted to see something scenic. She said terrific and told us the Cascade Lakes would be perfect. She printed out instructions for me using Google Maps.

We took off later that afternoon following the instructions she gave to us. We ended up so lost for hours with no GPS and cell phone service while riding on the tiny back roads that were printed on the instructions she gave us. A truly awful experience and a horrible end to an amazing trip.

Room tip: Cascade Suite is expensive but a very nice suite.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
WesternTrvlr, Manager at The Oxford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Thank you for commenting and we offer our sincerest apologies that the Cascade Lakes highway trip didn't quite pan out as planned. It is truly a beautiful drive. We appreciate your exchange with our General Manager, Samuel Johnson, as well. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 19 September 2017

As always, the room was very comfortable with a balcony. I chose to stay here again because of how much I enjoyed it last time. Concierge service is impeccable, great location right in the heart of downtown Bend so you can walk anywhere.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple