All reviews panda express einstein bagels strip mall railroad tracks business park parking lot washington square minute drive marriott properties rooms are large west side great bed would stay here again indoor pool free internet bistro starbucks
Reviewed 21 September 2018

I'm a fan of Marriott properties and especially like the casual and updated setting of the Courtyard brand. It would be unusual for me to give a Courtyard anything but a positive review and in almost all senses this property would rate very high. What is very disappointing is the incredibly noisy train that barrels by the property waking you up repeatedly throughout the day, and I can sleep through just about anything. If I ever stayed here again I would make certain that my room was placed as far from the rail road tracks as possible. Be warned. Like other Courtyard properties the staff was friendly and helpful and the rooms clean and recently updated.

Room tip: Ask to be placed FAR from the train tracks which are incredibly noisy.
Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed 20 September 2018

Getting the right room is the key. Get the ones on the front desk side of the hotel FACING the courtyard and also as near the front entrance as possible. These rooms are further away from the train track but not facing the strip mall next to the hotel that has trucks coming in early in the morning loading/unloading.

I have stayed at this hotel many times and learned my lessons. Hope it helps.

Room tip: read my comments
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Tracy R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Portland Beaverton, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2018

Thank you for taking time to review our location. I am glad to hear you have found a room location that suits your needs and we look forward to serving you in the future. Thank you for choosing Marriott.

Reviewed 8 August 2018

We were up for a soccer tournament and had the whole team staying here. That being said, the courtyard and swimming pool kept the boys content and the rest of the hotel very calm and quiet. Staff was very helpful.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2018

1. Bait and switch.
I called to verify room rates for the weekend of 7-14-2018, I would have reserved, but there was a 50/50 chance I was going to get finished with my work by late the evening of the 13th, so I didn't want to reserve a room if I didn't need it. I was quoted $139 (worst case scenario) for a room....multiple times over the phone...it's quoted as $139 on their own site...
...and was charged $179.00, plus taxes. If I wasn't so freaking tired, I would have found another place. Which is odd, because I've stayed here before, and it was almost quite pleasant. Almost.
2. The Portland mass transit has added a Westside line to the regular train line, about 30 yards from the East side of the hotel, and it runs something like every five minutes...which means regular-volume train horns whenever they approach...every five minutes. If you're into listening to Boxcar Willie, and going on hot dates with your sister or cousin...or sister/cousin...this ought to be a romantic experience for you.
3. I asked for a microwave for the room...as Courtyard wants to force you to eat at their ridiculously-priced, in-house cafe...which isn't open into waaaay late in the morning. I was told that none were available, sorry. My wife suffers from type 2 diabetes, and it would have, you know, been nice to heat up some of the diabetic-friendly food that we brought with us in case of an emergency.
The next morning, as I was checking out...whaddya know, a microwave was supposedly available. I'm sure that'll be handy for the next time that I don't stay at a Courtyard Screwing by Marriott.
4. To whoever gets around to remodeling the place in the next year or two, hey, there's this wonder product called 'insulation', which would come in handy to drown out the dozen or so noisy-as-hell children in the single room above us, who the parents of thoughtfully had wear iron boots the entire evening as they stomped around, all attempting to recreate the epic Lucille Ball 'grape stomping episode' of 'I Love Lucy'.
That, or the kids were having a ball at stamping out cockroaches.
5. Insulation suggestion #2: It was freaking amazing having to listen to some old drunkard retching up their dinner well into the 3am or so hour. They were apparently barfin' it up in their restroom, which acted as an echo chamber into my room, which often coincided with the loud-as-hell national train horn competition outside.

Room tip: Request a west-facing room, away from the 24-hour-a-day train horn competition on the East side of the building.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Tracy R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Portland Beaverton, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our location. Please contact the hotel directly so that we can review your reservations. We will investigate why you reserved at one rate and paid another and if a mistake or error is found we will correct the issue.

Reviewed 4 July 2018

I have stayed at this Courtyard in the past and have always been pleased. The web site is very good at cautioning potential customers that the facility is right next to a main commuter and freight train railroad tracks... With that said, I always request a top floor room on the west side (away from the tracks) and I do not hear the trains.

The rooms are large and very nicely appointed. Cleanliness is top notch. The Bistro in the lobby is a fantastic eatery to pick up a morning meal at a reasonable price. They serve lunch and dinner items too.

I will be returning soon!

Room tip: Top floor is always best and on the west side of the facility
Date of stay: June 2018