“Inconsistent dining experience.”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 September 2018

We go to this restaurant from time to time because it is hard to find good seafood restaurants. Unfortunately, their service and food in inconsistent. There are times when the food quality and service is good and then like today; it’s very poor. Today my wife and I decided on fish and chips at McGrath’s Fish House on Cedar Hills in Beaverton. It was not a good experience. The fish was very greasy, and the chips were undone and dripping in grease. My wife’s salad was very good while my coleslaw, which is usually creamy; today it tasted old and dry. It took 10-minutes to get the attention of the waitress and several more minutes for the new chips to arrive, though they were not much better. We arrived at 11- AM so the restaurant would be empty, which it was but the service was still extremely slow. It took almost an hour and a half to get out of the restaurant, whereas we are usually out the door in less than an hour. Mind you we didn’t finish our dinners; the time was spent waiting not eating. Today was the last straw. I will no longer allow this restaurant’s inconsistency to ruin another meal out for us.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Worst experience I have ever had at a restaurant. Went for lunch only one other customer in restaurant at time we were there. Were seated right away but waited for the waitress to show up was about 10 minutes. That should have been our first clue. Had some questions so we went over the menu also had a coupon. What the coupon said and what the waitress said we're two different things so that didn't start things off well at all. The food was good but still a little disappointing because what we wanted with the coupon wasn't served for the price it was supposed to be. After lunch we asked to talk to the manager she was very rude. In my opinion that manager shouldn't have a job that involves any contact with people she was just out-and-out rude. This was not my first experience with McGrath's but I will never go to the one in Milwaukie Oregon again. Bad bad experience.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Had a family event had 4 dishes all really not good. The place is really nice inside and out, very clean. Stuff was very friendly. The food was really bad. We wanted just to leave but it us not nice so I paid and left.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 30 August 2018

We go here often for a nice seafood lunch. Not super expensive and a large meu to choose from Seafood is fresh and good service. Clam chowder is not consistent.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 29 August 2018

We were running from the Austin heat for three weeks and ventured to McGrath's several times. We love the seafood in the Portland /Vancouver WA area. McGrath's was among the three best we patronized. They have excellent Happy Hour with good choices at lower prices, and we also ate lunch there. The fish is fresh and prepared as advertised. Coconut shrimp, broiled halibut, fried combinations of shrimp, scallops, fish- all delicious. This is a cut above the chain restaurant, although they have more than one location. I wish we were still there !

Date of visit: August 2018