US$282
US$235
US$95
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$109/night.

La Kris Inn(Bandon)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$112
Lighthouse Cove Inn(Bandon)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$162
US$108
Inn at Old Town(Bandon)(Great Value!)
US$146
Hotwire.com
Bandon Inn(Bandon)
US$154
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfamily cottageoregon coastnew managerstwo double bedsgas fireplacethe cottageseasy beach accessgreat viewocean viewsmall kitchengreat beachonly stayed one nightupstairs roomsliding doorstayed longerroad tripa wonderful stay
Reviewed 15 September 2016

Beautiful location right on the ocean with every amenity at the hotel.
Central to iconic locations in So Oregon
I will bring a photo tour group back here in 2017. A terrific place to stay. Steps to the ocean

Room Tip: Book Early
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
VisitWindermere, General Manager at Windermere on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2016

Thank you for taking the time to point out some of the inspiring reasons to visit us here at Windermere on the Beach. Spectacular views are the focus of many outings and even a recent film production was finalized right in front of the Windermere. Everyday our staff strives for the most comfortable and clean accommodations on the Oregon Coast and we look forward to the return visit with your photo tour group in 2017. Thank you again and safe travels!

Reviewed 13 September 2016

What a wonderful way to stay, history and beach view. This property was built in 1936, it has classic charm, cottage feel, fantastic location, beautiful grounds, and fresh air and sea breezes. We were in awe!

Room Tip: Some rooms have steps required for access, some are upstairs, check with staff.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
VisitWindermere, General Manager at Windermere on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2016

Thank you for taking a moment to honestly review Windermere on the Beach and our beautiful surroundings. As one of the most charming properties on the Oregon Coast, we continue to strive for comfort and excellence while not losing the charm and ambiance that so many of our guest love and return to experience year after year. We are fortunate to have folks like you come and stay; we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 11 September 2016

Two burners on the tiny stove were tilted upward and smoked a lot when I turned them on. The drip pans were in need of cleaning. The smoke detector was so sensitive that it went off twice when making toast that was not burned. The clock in the room was not plugged in when we got there so I plugged it in and without having set the alarm it went off at midnight. No wonder it was unplugged. 8 of the paste down floor 'tiles' were coming undone although most of them were under the table so they were not a tripping hazard but they added to the feel of a place in need of an update. The most aggravating thing was the table which was very sticky and the stickiness could not be wiped off. I mentioned this to the housekeeper who said they were aware of that and slowly the tables in the units were being refinished. The Windermere has a nice setting near the beach. Guests walk through a path cut in gorse (wear shoes!) and beach grass to get to the water. The bed was comfortable and had nice linens. The shower curtain looked new. There was some nice old wood in the room and the colors were pleasant. There were some odd smells in the room, one smell in the refrigerator (liquid smoke?) and one in the bathroom (insecticide?).

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
VisitWindermere, General Manager at Windermere on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our beds and linens are almost 100% completely changed and upgraded as you noticed. The housekeeper was correct as we were replacing the table in that unit the same morning. As new Managers, we are addressing these issues with new furniture already ordered and flooring as well. Due to the extreme popularity of our location, we get heavy use and will be continuing to upgrade throughout the season. Come back again, as many do, and these minor issues will have all been addressed to your satisfaction.

Reviewed 7 September 2016

met family here on a trip down the Oregon Coast - great location - beautiful waterfront view - easy walk on the beach. DOG FRIENDLY! we will be back! Comfortable beds, quiet location. Loved our time there.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
VisitWindermere, General Manager at Windermere on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2016

Thank you Peg for your nice comments. We look forward to your return visit and appreciate your patronage!

Reviewed 30 August 2016

We stayed here for 1 night. It was not pleasant. Many things were wrong but the worst was the smoke alarm that started "chirping" at 1am. There is no way to reach the front desk from the room, so I put my pillow over my head and willed myself to sleep.
When I went to check out, I told the person at the office that this was a problem and she told me that they check these once a week. I said - maybe that is not enough? She indicated she would have housekeeping look into it. Felt like she did not believe me. She also said I could have called the emergency number at the office - I don't think this would have been good at 1am in the morning - plus I would have had to get up, get dressed... Left me more upset than when I walked to the office.

Other issues - this was advertised as a family cottage - but it has a queen bed in the "living room" and steep stairs to 2 beds upstairs. It has a small dining area/kitchen with a table and 4 chairs. Not sure how this would work for a family.
Bathroom is really small - no place to put anything - I had to put my bathroom things on the dining table. Sink was clogged and would not drain well.
Electrical "duplex" receptacles - were terrible - when I plugged in my iphone - the plug fell out - this happened in all the plug ins.
The place smelled - I noticed just now that pets are allowed - so maybe that is why it smelled. Place seemed old and beat up.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ryanpeg
VisitWindermere, General Manager at Windermere on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2016

As it is extremely odd and rare to get a negative review, I looked into this immediately.
We apologize that the battery on one of the smoke detectors in your room failed. We replace them on a regular bases to try and prevent such rare occurances. I suppose no battery is perfect. However, as you were awake anyways, we wish you would have walked the 40 feet to the office and pushed the "call" button, which is the reason we have the emergency call box. It took me 1 minute to replace the battery. The sink basin stopper was also in the closed position after examination; I pushed down the diverter and it opened as designed.

The Ocean View Family Cottages are clean, wonderful, classic cottages, as are all of our units. These cottages have frequent large family gatherings which have gone on for generations now. We have the best housekeeping staff, we constantly upgrade the rooms and amenities, and that is probably why we are sold out almost every night during the summer and maintain such a warm and friendly regular clientele that return year after year.

We are sorry your stay was not to your liking. I hope your trip back to Portland was uneventful.