US$269
US$226
BestWestern.com
US$162
La Kris Inn(Bandon)(Great Value!)
US$92
Hotels.com
Lighthouse Cove Inn(Bandon)(Great Value!)
US$159
Inn at Old Town(Bandon)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$162
US$101
All reviewsfamily cottageoregon coastnew managerstwo double bedsgas fireplacethe cottageseasy beach accessgreat viewocean viewsmall kitchengreat beachonly stayed one nightupstairs roomsliding doorstayed longerroad tripa wonderful stay
Reviewed 11 September 2016

Two burners on the tiny stove were tilted upward and smoked a lot when I turned them on. The drip pans were in need of cleaning. The smoke detector was so sensitive that it went off twice when making toast that was not burned. The clock in the room was not plugged in when we got there so I plugged it in and without having set the alarm it went off at midnight. No wonder it was unplugged. 8 of the paste down floor 'tiles' were coming undone although most of them were under the table so they were not a tripping hazard but they added to the feel of a place in need of an update. The most aggravating thing was the table which was very sticky and the stickiness could not be wiped off. I mentioned this to the housekeeper who said they were aware of that and slowly the tables in the units were being refinished. The Windermere has a nice setting near the beach. Guests walk through a path cut in gorse (wear shoes!) and beach grass to get to the water. The bed was comfortable and had nice linens. The shower curtain looked new. There was some nice old wood in the room and the colors were pleasant. There were some odd smells in the room, one smell in the refrigerator (liquid smoke?) and one in the bathroom (insecticide?).

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
VisitWindermere, General Manager at Windermere on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our beds and linens are almost 100% completely changed and upgraded as you noticed. The housekeeper was correct as we were replacing the table in that unit the same morning. As new Managers, we are addressing these issues with new furniture already ordered and flooring as well. Due to the extreme popularity of our location, we get heavy use and will be continuing to upgrade throughout the season. Come back again, as many do, and these minor issues will have all been addressed to your satisfaction.

Reviewed 7 September 2016

met family here on a trip down the Oregon Coast - great location - beautiful waterfront view - easy walk on the beach. DOG FRIENDLY! we will be back! Comfortable beds, quiet location. Loved our time there.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
VisitWindermere, General Manager at Windermere on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2016

Thank you Peg for your nice comments. We look forward to your return visit and appreciate your patronage!

Reviewed 30 August 2016

We stayed here for 1 night. It was not pleasant. Many things were wrong but the worst was the smoke alarm that started "chirping" at 1am. There is no way to reach the front desk from the room, so I put my pillow over my head and willed myself to sleep.
When I went to check out, I told the person at the office that this was a problem and she told me that they check these once a week. I said - maybe that is not enough? She indicated she would have housekeeping look into it. Felt like she did not believe me. She also said I could have called the emergency number at the office - I don't think this would have been good at 1am in the morning - plus I would have had to get up, get dressed... Left me more upset than when I walked to the office.

Other issues - this was advertised as a family cottage - but it has a queen bed in the "living room" and steep stairs to 2 beds upstairs. It has a small dining area/kitchen with a table and 4 chairs. Not sure how this would work for a family.
Bathroom is really small - no place to put anything - I had to put my bathroom things on the dining table. Sink was clogged and would not drain well.
Electrical "duplex" receptacles - were terrible - when I plugged in my iphone - the plug fell out - this happened in all the plug ins.
The place smelled - I noticed just now that pets are allowed - so maybe that is why it smelled. Place seemed old and beat up.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ryanpeg
VisitWindermere, General Manager at Windermere on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2016

As it is extremely odd and rare to get a negative review, I looked into this immediately.
We apologize that the battery on one of the smoke detectors in your room failed. We replace them on a regular bases to try and prevent such rare occurances. I suppose no battery is perfect. However, as you were awake anyways, we wish you would have walked the 40 feet to the office and pushed the "call" button, which is the reason we have the emergency call box. It took me 1 minute to replace the battery. The sink basin stopper was also in the closed position after examination; I pushed down the diverter and it opened as designed.

The Ocean View Family Cottages are clean, wonderful, classic cottages, as are all of our units. These cottages have frequent large family gatherings which have gone on for generations now. We have the best housekeeping staff, we constantly upgrade the rooms and amenities, and that is probably why we are sold out almost every night during the summer and maintain such a warm and friendly regular clientele that return year after year.

We are sorry your stay was not to your liking. I hope your trip back to Portland was uneventful.

Reviewed 22 August 2016

We have stayed at Windermere on the Beach twice and this last time we stayed in the family cottage (#5), which was so perfect! The location can't be beat with full oceanfront views and walkway provided to the beautiful beach. The sea stacks are awesome to explore at low tide. The cottage is equipped with a kitchen, so you can grab some groceries and spend as much time on the beach as you want instead of spending money and time finding a restaurant. We enjoyed sitting on the patio and just enjoying the views! It's location cannot be beat, clean room, friendly staff, and friendly guests...this place is such a gem. This is our home away from home on the Oregon coast!

Room Tip: ask for the family cottage
Reviewed 22 August 2016

The location of this hotel is fantastic: located right on the Bandon beach. The view from our room (number 2, second floor) was to die for: a full panoramic 180 degree. Our room had a very nice, warm and cozy home feeling to it, probably because it had a kitchinette in it. Our room had a queen size bed (super comfortable) and a sofa bed for the kids. The decor (sheets/covers/wall art) was very pleasing and done in great taste. The room was super clean. Even though the dogs are normally allowed to stay in this particular room I could not find even one dog hair on the floor.
That's how clean it was.
The bathroom was small, but everything was in working order and again, the view was fantastic.
The owners are very friendly and so is their adorable 5month old rescue dog Lilly. They are amazing people with big hearts who rescue dogs from Equador and bring them to the US. My kids just loved playing with little Lilly.
WiFi signal was strong.
I only wish I could stay longer than one night at this place.
I will definitely be back next year for a longer stay, since there are so many things to do in Bandon: from beach combing to hiking in the mountains.
Thank you very much for a great stay.
Solid 5 star.