“Nearly frozen chicken and good on Egg Roll!”

Rising Sun Palace & Sunset Lounge
Ranked #16 of 52 Restaurants in Baker City
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Cuisines: Chinese
Description: Rising Sun Palace and Sunset Lounge are located right off the freeway on Campbell and Oak Streets. Rising Sun Palace offers a quiet dining experience with an American Chinese cuisine. Restaurant hours are 11 am to 9 pm, and 10 pm on weekends, opened 7 days a week. Also take out and delivery are offered. On the other side of the building there is a lounge. Sunset lounge is opened daily from 11 am to 2:30 am. Offering on a daily basis a full bar, Oregon lottery and a small section with video poker. On special occasions there may be annual events, live music, karaoke nights, and pool tournaments that are open to everyone as well.
Reviewed 9 February 2016

First review ever, which tells you how bad this was. I have eaten here before and was satisfied but something has happened to this place. Our chicken was freezing cold on the inside (obviously previously frozen) and only 5 small pieces! Then my sons egg roll had a grey hair on it and the rice tasted like day old rice! Im 24, not one grey hair on my head and he is 6, so obviously it came from the kitchen. I will never ever ever return to this restaurant. Simply horrible. Baker City

Reviewed 16 January 2016

My Mom and i stopped in for lunch and could not have had a better meal. It was absolutely delicious. So much better than any Chinese food i have ever had. And our waitress Linda was very nice. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed 2 January 2016 via mobile

Worst eggrolls ever..tasted like old grease. They need to change the oil more often here..and turn the hot water on in the ladies bathroom...on the plus side...the hot tea was great ..everything else. Not so much..coukdnt get the taste of that eggroll out of my mouth..think Ill go get a happy meal from across the street..:p

1  Thank CHEPPYS
Reviewed 8 December 2015

I guess I'm spoiled to the coastal Chinese restaurants. The first time in was very good, the staff is very friendly. The second time in the food was greasy and bland. The chef was outside hacking up a lung and the back of the restaurant is in disrepair. Kind of nasty looking.

Reviewed 3 October 2015

The outside looks less than inviting but the inside more than makes up for it. Very nice traditional Chinese interior that is clean. The wait staff is always great. We drive from Boise to eat here. It is traditional style which is sometimes hard to find anymore. We have tried several different dishes and not been disappointed by any. They have some of the best egg foo young I've ever had. The sweet and sour chicken is made with white meat. They do not pour the sauce over it but bring it in a side dish. The sauce is also one of the best I've had. It is thinner in consistency than most I've had but much better flavor. I have never tried the buffet because it never looks as good/fresh as just ordering.