US$86
US$115
US$111
Eldorado Inn(Baker City)
US$75
The Bridge Street Inn(Baker City)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$70
US$68
Always Welcome Inn(Baker City)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$65
US$91
Oregon Trail Motel(Baker City)
US$55
US$249
US$195
All reviewsdining roomstained glass ceilinghigh ceilingscupola suitethird floorrestored hotellobsterturn of the centurytall windowsstep back in timecorner roomgift shopprime ribfoot ceilingshotel tourfour poster bedgold rush
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

We visited the Geiger Grand Hotel when passing through Oregon. The history and the Hotel are amazing! Building is gorgeous and worth checking out.

We ate at the restaurant and had the 6oz sirloins. My steak was very good. My mothers steak was over cooked but... she did not want to make a fuss. We also both had a nice Syrah with dinner. At the end or her glass she got a mouthful of large chunks of sediment - needless to say this really ruins a nice glass of wine.

When I asked for her to get a refreshed glass of wine we were told that this was to be expected and that no. . .they would not provide a fresh glass..

I am certainly aware that some wines do have some sediment in the bottom of the bottle but would ALWAYS offer my guests a fresh glass of wine if they happened to be the unlucky person to get the dregs. I would also pay attention to ensure that my guests do NOT get the dregs.

Very bad ending to an average streak dinner. Overall - a disappointing dinner.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
GeiserGrand, Manager at Geiser Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback as that allows us to improve on delivering a consistently excellent experience! However, when a guest is disappointed with any aspect of food, beverage or service, and fails to communicate that, we miss the opportunity to "make it right". Had management known you were unhappy with your steak and wine it would have been re-made to your expectations. The restaurant kitchen serves locally sourced, from scratch food, and the management and servers are committed to providing the best dining experience.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Website description of the 4-Poster rooms:
"Five windows each ten feet tall afford breathtaking views of the Eagle Cap Wilderness area of the Wallowa Mountains, as well as the Blue Mountains on the other side of the Baker valley. . . Guests have exclaimed 'It's like being in an airplane'!"

The hyperbole is outrageous, it's not true. The first room they gave us had one window; the view was of a roof and the side of another building (yes, it was a 4-Poster room).

The second room was almost what I had booked -- spacious, 4 (not 5) 10-foot-tall windows, a lovely room. But where were those "breathtaking views" of the Eagle Cap and Blues that I paid a lot extra for and specified when I booked direct with the hotel? Must be that 3-inch-wide spot between the trees over there. Otherwise, the view is of a parking lot and car dealership, or US Bank (1970s architecture).

In fairness, there also was a lovely Victorian house in the view, an excellent shower, and the prime rib dinner in the dining room was good. But I would never have booked this very expensive room if I had known the truth about the non-existent "breathtaking views" that were to be a capper for our scenic tour of NE Oregon/Hell's Canyon.

I hadn't yet had a chance to post the above review when the lady in charge of guest services (something like that) called me. We were on the road. She started by saying how sorry she was that I was unhappy with the room. I said the room was very nice, but I was unhappy to have paid a premium for an amenity that wasn't there. She argued that I got that amenity, and I said I didn't, there was no "breathtaking view" of the mountains. I suggested she read the website description of the 4-Poster rooms. She said the description was accurate. She said we couldn't see the view "because we've had a lot of smoke lately." I said, No, the views from elsewhere on that block and around town were fantastic, just not from the room, as advertised. She then insulted me by saying everyone's perceptions are different. She implied I must be nuts to think there wasn't a "breathtaking view"! I mentioned the part about "seems like we're flying" and she said That's right, other people, everyone else, does find the view from the 4-Poster rooms to be "breathtaking." I ended the conversation then as it was pointless.

I suggest, if you are thinking of booking at the Geiser Grand, you read the 1- and 2-star reviews. There are a lot of disgruntled people, like myself, who have had bad experiences there. Mainly "not as advertised" or issues with cancellations. Which reminds me: I wanted to use a different credit card when we checked in but they said I couldn't, they had already run the charge when I booked several weeks ago. I thought, hm, that's odd, but merely shrugged. It is unusual, and according to many others, the sale was final, period.

Room Tip: Better service and value at the Best Western
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback as it helps us to improve for future stays! We regret that you were dissatisfied with your choice of suite. We have several unique suite styles; guests have a wide variety of preferences. That's why it's our policy to actually show all arriving guests their rooms prior to check in, with options, so they are satisfied with their choice of bed and view. We note that you were given a choice, and did choose the four poster suite in the corner, which is our most loved and high occupancy suite. We remain confused as to why you didn't communicate your displeasure when we showed you the options. It's true that at the time, massive amounts of smoke settled over all the Pacific Northwest limiting what are normally beautiful views from every hotel window, the reader knows that's not under our control.
Multiple refund and re-charges are frowned upon by the credit card companies and our IT department to help protect all parties from fraud. We hope that the reader agrees that our efforts to protect against credit card fraud is a good thing.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Very interesting old hotel that has been updated with all the modern ammenities modern travelers expect. The dining room is elegant; the food and servers were very good. The lounge was open and airy with a good selection of alcohol.

Room Tip: The King suites have a very unique room layout.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
GeiserGrand, Manager at Geiser Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018

Thank you for your kind words, we appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Beautiful historic hotel in Baker City. Disappointed in room condition. Bathroom sorely lacked towel racks and any luxury feel. Mattress didn't have a mattress pad which was on especially when the smallish sheets came off and there is the mattress. Fire alarms going off one of the evenings we were there. Had "help" with baggage but the person just stood there guarding the rack - think they may have pulled her from the kitchen. Sad - but would not stay there again.

Stayed: August 2017
GeiserGrand, Manager at Geiser Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback as it helps us to improve for future stays! We strive to find the balance between the historic integrity of the hotel and modern amenities our guests desire. A multimillion dollar investment into new furnishings and a new wing (now under construction), will add another elevator and more amenities. With a small staff , sometimes eager staff may pitch in to help when not fully trained to physically help with baggage, not just the cart; very unusual to not receive full service here.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

This hotel is great place to stay and they have great service and clean comfortable room and the elevator is very nice and they have great food to eat in breakfast lunch and dinner I highly recommend this hotel I give this hotel 5 stars

Stayed: August 2017

Thank you for your kind words, we appreciate your feedback!