See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 November 2016

We came in on 11/26 for a one night stay as a weekend get away. Just wanted to have somewhere to shower, dress and then sleep. The first two worked out ok. The sleep never happened. When we got back to the room at 1am, our air conditioning was not working. We called down to the desk and the answer that we got was "turn off the a/c so that it doesn't freeze up our pipes". That was the best answer we got. They stated that they were full and could not move us to another room. So at 130am we got our stuff together and drove 2 1/2 hours home. When we went to the desk on the way out, the statement from the front desk was "they didn't tell you about the air when you checked in"? SO i have to surmise that they knew the air was out when we checked in but didn't tell us. Thought that was kind of crappy. Tell me and then let me make a decision on what i want to do from there. But i didn't get that option. We didn't notice the a/c not working when we got there as we just showered, dressed and left. If the windows would have opened we probably could have made it work but no on that as well.

The room itself was ok. We would have probably not had any issues with this room had the a/c worked. I booked the room through Priceline. Did we get the crappy room because we saved a few bucks? IDK. But there is a very slim chance that we will book again and find out.

The elevator only and barely works on the 1st and 2nd floor. If you are not able to walk stairs then stay away. I think the think that frustrated me the most was that the hotel staff really didn't seem to care about anything.The only think that made it a rating of 2 is that we did get a partial refund of the room fee. But that was a long drive home.

Room Tip: Stay no higher than the 3rd floor as the elevator only goes to the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

My family and I travel a few times per year. I stay in Wyndham hotels pretty regularly for business, and so we try to go Wyndham whenever possible so that I can use my rewards points. I was drawn to try out this Knights Inn because they said it was recently remodelled, had continental breakfast and the rooms with two beds have a king and a double, which I thought would be a nice change since many Wyndham hotels are either two doubles or two queens.
This hotel has had a recent face lift, so it looks nice on the surface, but is still dated, and my wife says the whole place smells like smoke. We got one of the rooms with a king bed and double bed. The king bed was WELL used and had very little support. It was like that hand me down bed you slept on in college that you were the third or fourth owner of. The double bed was newer and very firm. Bring your own shampoo if more than one person will be in the room. They have one shampoo packet and a bar of soap. As for the "breakfast", coffee and sticky buns is not my idea of a modern continental. Some fruit, yogurt, cereal, etc would have been nice. In general, if the smell of smoke or lack of a breakfast is a deal breaker for you, then I would pass on this one and spend a few extra dollars. The cost of eating breakfast at a restaurant would definitely have made up the cost difference for our family.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2016

Stayed here while in town for a family funeral. This hotel is a disaster. I'd call it sketchy. Hallway smelled. Carpets torn up or missing, some rooms with no numbers. Lack of security. Elevator is aged and scary. Fridge in room had a putrid smell. No toilet paper roll in bath. Roll was just set on counter. Mirror not cleaned, could see writing on it. Iron in room did not work. Outside of window was so dirty that you couldn't see out. Exposed wiring on electric socket. Light would shut off when plugging in phone charger. Bed cover had multiple cigarette burns. There were ants in bathroom. Will never stay here again. Complete waste. Wyndham should reconsider being affiliated with this hotel. No brand standards met whatsoever.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Mike E
Reviewed 2 July 2016

The Knights Inn I44 is in the misted of renovation. So it is hard to give it a proper review. The room was in need of repair. Bathroom towel rack was coming away from the wall and the bathroom counter did not look as if it had been cleaned Central HVAC could not be adjusted. Lamps were broken. No remote for the TV.The bed was adequate.Noise from other guests was a bit disconcerting.However the desk staff was vert friendly. And internet is included.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jim B
Reviewed 23 April 2016

Great staff, Great location, large rooms. I stayed here during my conference and I was definitely satisfied. The price was right. My room needed vacuum and the front desk contacted the right people to get it done. There are restaurants everywhere, so if you are looking for a hot breakfast you can get. The price is right. I liked the historic look of the hotel. I see so many reviews that are not fair. For the price you can adjust. I would definitely stay here again, and would recommend to my peers.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business