“A remnant of the days of private clubs in Tulsa”

Celebrity Club Fine Dining
Ranked #190 of 1,371 Restaurants in Tulsa
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 March 2017

I hadn't been to the Celebrity Club since it was a private club many years ago. I was very pleasantly surprised. The decor hasn't changed. The food and service were very good. My wife and I had salads for lunch, an Asian Chicken salad and a bacon bleu cheese salad. Both were $9.50. The salads were both very good and of ample size for lunch. They were served with bread and crostini. I intend to return and try many of their other offerings.

Reviewed 27 January 2017

The Celebrity Club is a great Tulsa Tradition in dining. It has been a favorite of mine for more than 35 years. I moved away from Tulsa for several years, and recently returned. Today, I had lunch with a dear friend of mine. Before I moved from Tulsa, the Celebrity Club was my "regular" lunch place... along with a contingent of 5 or 6 other business and social friends. Today, I was able to return to my old haunt. The Celebrity Club is a wonderful place, with an ornate interior, totally reminiscent of the days that fancy interiors for "private clubs" was the norm. Our meal today reminded me and re-affirmed why it was my "favorite lunch" go to place in Tulsa. I had my old favorite...the luncheon rib eye steak, with home fries and caesar salad. Once my meal was delivered, my memories of why the Celebrity Club came rushing back...yes, the Celebrity Club is still the great place I remembered. Today, I found you truly "can home again." The Celebrity Club still embodies to me that it is a great Tulsa restaurant...that remains and deserves to be a true and great tradition!

Reviewed 20 January 2017 via mobile

Menu on trip advisor is old. Steaks are at $35, chicken just under $19. The $35 steak was surprisingly tough. The chicken was the best thing there. Server acted like she didn't have time for us. For the price, you'd think she wouldn't brush us off... But it was just her. None of the waiters were like that. We only heard about the specials while we were eating from waiters at other tables. Disappointing experience really. Had such high hopes.

Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

I wanted to share a nice lunch with an old friend for the new year, my mother used to take me to this restaurant when I was a teenager, I remember feeling so special and how great the food was. This trip however was quite a disappointment. The hostess asked me if I had a reservation, I said no, she sat us down at the very first table next to the front door which was very cold and drafty. There were regulars i assumed going in and being seated in the back room or away from the drafty door. We were both dressed very nicely too. A young couple in jeans and motorcycle jackets came in and disappeared to the back room. I clearly saw other seating, away from the door draft.
My experience from memories of my youth were shattered, and my friend said she'd rather go to the Polo Grill next visit. I agreed. Food was okay, however the draft from the door made the food and ambiance drowned out the nicely decorated restaurant. Just made us feel like second class guests or the so called step child that wasn't wanted. I Will not venture out to this restaurant with or without a reservation again.
Hope you have a better experience, ours was sorely disappointing.

3  Thank Debra F
Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

This restaurant has remained the same for the last 50 years, quality food and classic interior of the era. It's worth a visit during the evening for dinner to enjoy the atmosphere, or simply stop for a beer or drink at the bar.
I ordered the kabob with a shrimp salad starter and Caesar salad side.