“Lunch for special friend.”

Celebrity Club Fine Dining
Ranked #208 of 1,363 Restaurants in Tulsa
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

I wanted to share a nice lunch with an old friend for the new year, my mother used to take me to this restaurant when I was a teenager, I remember feeling so special and how great the food was. This trip however was quite a disappointment. The hostess asked me if I had a reservation, I said no, she sat us down at the very first table next to the front door which was very cold and drafty. There were regulars i assumed going in and being seated in the back room or away from the drafty door. We were both dressed very nicely too. A young couple in jeans and motorcycle jackets came in and disappeared to the back room. I clearly saw other seating, away from the door draft.
My experience from memories of my youth were shattered, and my friend said she'd rather go to the Polo Grill next visit. I agreed. Food was okay, however the draft from the door made the food and ambiance drowned out the nicely decorated restaurant. Just made us feel like second class guests or the so called step child that wasn't wanted. I Will not venture out to this restaurant with or without a reservation again.
Hope you have a better experience, ours was sorely disappointing.

3  Thank Debra F

Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

This restaurant has remained the same for the last 50 years, quality food and classic interior of the era. It's worth a visit during the evening for dinner to enjoy the atmosphere, or simply stop for a beer or drink at the bar.
I ordered the kabob with a shrimp salad starter and Caesar salad side.

Reviewed 2 December 2016

Been going here for a few years and all and all it is hard to beat Food & Staff are spot on. ...truly one of Tulsa's treasures

1  Thank onefairguy1952
Reviewed 12 October 2016

The atmosphere is black and red. Totally Retro. The Syrian salad is one of their specialties. If you haven't tried it, you should! The pan fried chicken is like grandma used to make, served with big bowls of cream gravy. Their long time wait staff is impeccable. Wonderful for a date night or a special celebration. We can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

Went here for birthday dinner. Interesting confrontation with seater he asked if we had reservations which at 5;00 on a wed, seemed odd as only one table was there. He seemed put off when we said no. Kinda grumbling under his breath. Our server didn't intro himself but he was good. Now for meal: three ordered fried chicken and one kabobs. Chicken was ok but very very salty and the gravy even saltier. House salad is iceberg lettuce with a tomato slice and a few mushrooms. None of the salads had any green just the tough white ribs at end of iceberg. Not appealing and no flavor. The chicken was ok but for $17.95 it should be excellent. The chicken pieces were very small so obviously not a normal size chicken. The Parmesan potatoes were still crunchy so only ate one piece. That had little flavor and again very salty. The other sides are heavy on starch items. The plate size is very small and so piled up it is hard to eat as items kept falling off plate. The bread offering at beginning of meal is awful. Super hard bread drenched in garlic and again salty and cold not warm. Kabob eater wasn't impressed and was chewy. We all agreed we felt like we had been at a salt lick when we left and two are big salt eaters on their food but enough is enough with the salt. What was fine dining in the 60's should have remained there. Will probably never go back.

2  Thank Irieyamon2006

Been to Celebrity Club Fine Dining? Share your experiences!