“Lovely French experience with fresh ingredients”
Review of French Hen

French Hen
Ranked #173 of 1,351 Restaurants in Tulsa
Price range: US$10 - US$42
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 71st and Yale
Description: For over 30 years, the French Hen Bistro and Wine Bar has presented classic French cuisine, prime steaks and fresh seafood, with a wine list to match. Known not only for special occasions and casual nights out, the French Hen hosts business functions and parties in its private dining room. Look for the lighthouse at 71st and Yale.
Reviewed 23 February 2012

The French Hen is tucked away in a little shopping center on 71st. We visited on a Tuesday night; when we arrived at 7:00 it was a little empty but by 8:00 had filled up. We enjoyed the little complimentary "amuse bouche" presented at the start of the meal. We started with the fresh asparagus soup, creamy but not too thick, infused with the flavor of the vegetable. The grilled duck breast was served with two tasty sauces and cooked perfectly; served on a HEATED plate (this alone gives kudos to the chef, such an important touch.) We also had the Red Pepper Alfredo with chicken, which was perfectly spicy and a nice change from the traditional (it was a little too spicy for my 89 year old mother but she enjoyed it.) We ended with the tasty banana bread pudding. The owner was present and very solicitous; the wait staff very attentive. Great place for a special dinner and a pleasant evening.

2  Thank Cal_Travel_Lover

Reviewed 31 December 2011

Go to the French Hen! The food is as good as being in Paris. If you want to bless someone take them there. Reservations are a good idea.

1  Thank LisaC1956
Reviewed 19 November 2011

The food, atmosphere, and service is always first class. We go back all of the time.

Reviewed 21 September 2011

I took a prospect to French Hen because it is close to his office and close to my lodging. So the location is good if you are in the Warren Place area of Tulsa. We sat at two different tables, both of which were wobbly. Why is it that nice old restaurants have such crappy infrastructure? The place was empty on a Wednesday at lunch, which was depressing.

The service was very nice - really liked the waiter. We each had a special. My guest had the special salad and I had the special catch. Both were wonderful and of nice, sane proportions. Frankly, I gobbled my food down.

I would rate the restaurant better, if it weren't for those annoying tables. I am not sure I would go back, either.

1  Thank SeenAlot
Reviewed 14 September 2011

My wife and I recently returned to the French Hen for a wedding anniversary luncheon. The food and service are first rate and a made a great choice for a special occasion. The entrance is located on an interior courtyard of the Lighthouse Shopping Center and can be accessed from any of four directions. I find the most convenient parking on the west side.

The menu is French Bistro. The Fried Oysters on creamed spinach with Pernod made a delightful start and the Beef Bourguignon En Croute I had was excellent. My wife was quite happy with the Pan Seared Trout. The Espresso Chocolate Mousse was out of the world good!

1  Thank T-Town_Bill

Been to French Hen? Share your experiences!