All reviews city hall bok center government buildings floor to ceiling windows mid century office building civic center hotel bar glass shower tulsa downtown a bit confusing comfortable beds parking lot attending an event corner room quick trip alarm clock
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

I travel one (sometimes two) weeks a month for work, so I stay in anywhere between 12-24 different hotels per year. Every time I come to Tulsa I stay at the Aloft downtown for multiple reasons.

One: because it’s conveniently located for me to visit all of my accounts for work. I have to go everywhere—downtown, Broken Arrow, Owasso, Bartlesville, etc...and all of the highways are super easy to get on from there.

Two: everyone there is so helpful and so nice. This past time I got names of people that were extra helpful. First of all Taylor (I am pretty sure that’s his name)—he checked me in on Monday and gave me recommendations for restaurants around the area. He also recognized me from previous visits...and I hadn’t been to Tulsa since May!
And Ryan, he was super helpful on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday mornings when I needed to get some items that I had to have them store for me every night!

Three: the rooms are always exactly what I expect from a Starwood/Marriott property. :)

Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Tulsa area!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 August 2018

We have stayed here many times. It is the first place we try and book if we are going to a concert at the BOK. You and walk to the arena and there are plenty of places to eat and drink nearby so you don't have to drive. The room was clean and comfortable. The shower had plenty of water pressure and the staff was friendly. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

I brought my 2 girls and their 2 friends to this hotel to stay because of the convenience of the close proximity to the bok center. We were attending a concert there. We walked to the bok center (about a 3-5 minutes walk) without any issue. When we got to the hotel they didn’t have our reservation in the computer I showed the front desk person our email confirmation and became very worried that we wouldn’t have a place to stay but the front desk got us two rooms and discounted our rate for the inconvenience. The staff was very friendly and accommodating throughout our one night stay here. The hotel is very different than any other hotel I’ve stayed in very contemporary and beautiful. The beds were very comfortable. I read another review about a safety issue and I assure you I felt very safe the entire time. It can be scary when you are traveling with and in charge of a group of teenage girls and we had absolutely no issue with feeling safe. The next time we are in Tulsa for a concert at the Bok center I will definitely stay here again. Thanks for everything Aloft!!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank momofzzs
Reviewed 25 July 2018

When we checked in my wife decided to take a nap in the room and while she was sleeping another guest walked in on her. The front desk checked someone else in our room. When we went down to the front desk we were given keys to a new room and would you believe it, we opened the door and walked in on another woman already checked in to that room resting on her bed.

Other guests had the same experience. To test the hotel's security I went to the front desk and told them I locked my key in my room and they made me a new one on the spot without asking for my name or making me show them any identification.

DO NOT stay here you and your possessions WILL NOT be safe.

Since security is the most critical issue I will not add the other dozen problems with this hotel. Too many to list. As an business traveler who spends more time in hotels than my home, take my advice and DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Roy C, General Manager at Aloft Tulsa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2018

Dear 2018MRW,

I am very sorry to hear that this was your experience with our hotel. I would very much appreciate the opportunity to speak with about these issues. Our guests safety and security is very important to us and I need to investigate the circumstances surrounding your experience to ensure that it is not repeated. If you could reach out to me, at your leisure, either via email or phone to discuss the details it would be extremely helpful.

roy.chartier@aloftdowntowntulsa.com
918-947-8205

Roy Chartier
Aloft Tulsa Downtown

Reviewed 25 July 2018

I've stayed a the Aloft in Dallas and loved everything about it. So needless to say I had high hopes when I visited this one.

The lobby was dirty, trash bins were full to overflowing and the WXYZ lounge was a hot mess. When I got to my room, the bathroom floor was dirty. I know I sound like the clean police, but these things caught my attention. Also, my breakfast was cold. I didn't discover it until I was in my room and wasn't going back down to have it reheated.

However, the woman at the lounge was super nice and helpful. They did have some sort of volleyball tournament group staying there so they were overrun by high school kids. I think maybe I was there at an off time for them or they were overrun by loud, messy teenagers and it's not always like this...?

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business

Dear Shellie S,

We were disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay and that you found our facilities not to your expectations. We understand the importance of keeping our property clean, and we work very hard to do so. We did have a very large group of kids in the hotel during your stay and that can be difficult to keep up with at times, but that is not an excuse. We will use your feedback and look into our operations to see if there are ways we can be more efficient in our cleaning routine. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and thank you for choosing the Aloft Tulsa Downtown for your trip to Tulsa.

Roy Chartier