Review Highlights
Large Urban Park.

This is a large city park that is not really in an urban area. It is about 12 miles from the center... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
floydg
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Fun for the family

Great Park in Tulsa Oklahoma. Have a picnic, take a hike, ride your bike plus visit Tulsa's Great... read more

Reviewed 9 July 2018
waawillis
Tulsa

All reviews nature center picnic shelters tulsa zoo fishing oxley wildlife grilling woods
Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

I've been to so many zoos, Tulsa is my favorite! A close second has to be point defiance zoo outside of Seattle. They have beautiful animals, and some that seem rare in the US! Amazing. This is the first time I've ever seen a flamingo!

1  Thank Jessica S
Reviewed 5 December 2016

My daughter had a soccer tournament here and the fields were maintained and the bathrooms were stocked and clean.

Reviewed 12 November 2016

The golf course is excellent and very reasonably priced. Best greens I have seen in a long time on a municipal golf course. Have played at private clubs that are not as well kept.

Reviewed 14 September 2016

As a dad I don't get a lot of 'me' time. I had two hours to blow before I had to pick up my kids. What to do? That isn't enough time to drive out to the lake so I looked up a place close to home. Mohawk Park is always interesting. Trails and ponds. It was late summer and the Bluegill fishing was my only afternoon fishing option. So I picked a trail that followed down a creek. I grabbed up my fly rod and snatched up some grasshoppers.
Fly rods are fun for Bluegill. You don't need a fly or anything fancy. A grasshopper, cricket or small worm is very effective. In fact I've caught several frisky bass using this method. Simply tie on a leader and hook a bug on then flip that sucker next to a low tree branch or some deep weeds.
One drawback of Mohawk is it's depth and oxygen content. (Also the deer ticks) While it has deep holes, they don't produce any better than the shallows.
A few unexpected treats*** I very large catfish snapped my line. Would have been nice catching him but hey? Also, the deer just walk around you. Which is neat.
A few things to watch out for. Poison ivy is controlled in major traffic areas but... Just watch out. I stepped through some brush that had some ticks. No big deal. Finally, fly rod... While the length was good to reach out and catch a fish. Had to remain mindful of all the jungle vines hanging down. And of course I ran out of grasshoppers but I didn't have to look far. I prefer grasshoppers to crickets because they disturb the water better. Drives the fish crazy.
I wouldn't recommend this kind hiking/fishing with small kids. They will get hung up a lot and kids find poison ivy attractive. With that said, there are plenty of kid friendly spots in Mohawk. Two ponds and a big creek by the zoo. My kids like the creek by the zoo. Lots of fish and turtles and birds and such...
All in all a great urban retreat from the hustle.

Reviewed 3 September 2016

The facilities are a little worn and they will charge you to enter when the zoo is open from spring to fall but if you can beat the zoo friends to the park then it is nice and fun for the family. Huge park!