All reviewsmovie theatercinnamon rollsfree breakfast was decentthe breakfast areayogurtsoccer tournamentclean hotelbusiness tripcomfortable roomthe general managerking suitedefinitely stay here againmemorialarkansasclerk
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

We arrived early in the evening after a long drive. Sharon at the reception did a perfect job: friendly and efficient. She also helped us later when we had some questions. Thanks again. The room (204) was very clean and comfortable. Good beds. The window opens a little to let fresh air coming in at night. The airconditioning was pretty silent. Breakfast is great and the lady who took care of this was also very friendly. Lot of hot and cold options and very clean and well organized. A perfect hotel wth a very good staff.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2017

Upon check in, the clerk was totally preoccupied. She did not listen to me, and certainly did not offer any of the information usually given at check in, like room number. Really? She just handed me the key. No info on best way to enter building with luggage, where the elevator is, breakfast times, etc. Had to ask for everything. At the entrance to our room there were crushed crackers in the carpet. I’ve traveled enough that I inspect the room first thing. The bathroom was OK. Then I lifted the dust ruffle of the bed and see what I thought was rodent or insect mess (lots of it) along edge of bed on floor. Turns out it was crushed cookies around the bed. It had not been vacuumed after previous guest. Next morning we are up, and realize we have only one large towel (for 3 people). Had to ask again. Took a while for them to be brought to our room. Generally HIE is so much better. Disappointed.

Room Tip: Check the room before you settle for it.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tulsa South/Bixby, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2017

Hi Nelda C,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us and sharing your experience!.

I am sorry to learn about the level of service received and the rooms upkeep was a letdown. This is definitely not the experience that we are known to provide. IHG sincerely cares about your experience and I have shared your comments with hotel management, who responded with genuine concern for the impact this had on your stay. I know they appreciate your sharing your experience and am confident they will take steps so this doesn’t happen again.

Again, thanks for getting in touch with us and I hope we get to welcome you back soon. If you need anything else just send us an e-mail at ihgservice@ihg.com.

Best Regards,

Ronald R.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

This hotel is very damp feeling. Musty. I think they have a lot of water and humidity issues. They do have a good breakfast. And the staff was very friendly.

I would not recommend staying at this hotel. Even for the price.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tulsa South/Bixby, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Hi m9haus,

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay with us. I'm happy to learn you found our staff to be hospitable and that you enjoyed the breakfast the hotel has to offer. Our goal has always been to provide our guests with the best hospitality service. However, I am sorry to hear that our hotel atmosphere and rates failed to meet your expectation. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you encountered. Comments such as yours permit us to check areas of concern for improvements. Please know that I took the liberty to forward your feedback to the upper management for review.

Again, thank you for staying with us. We hope to have the chance to serve you again if you are in the area.

Zel N.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

Our family was recently assigned to stay at this property for 4 nights for a soccer tournament.
The positive: There are several businesses within walking distance of the hotel. CVS, Super-Target, a movie theater, many restaurants, etc.. For a large group, this is always helpful.

The negative: It was extremely obvious that the hotel was not staffed for a hotel at capacity. The rooms were not cleaned well upon arrival (hair roller left on the floor, foot collected under the bed skirt, several small pieces of trash left on the floor from previous guests, food left in refrigerators from previous guests) and it was virtually impossible for the housekeeping staff to get to all the rooms and clean/re-stock properly because they were clearly very short-staffed. Each day we stayed we were missing items - no towels one day, no coffee cup replacements another day. With the number of rooms to clean, this hotel should have had more than the 2-3 housekeeping staff we were able to find.
Maintenance is also not a priority at this hotel. The entire time we were there, one of the only TWO washers was broken. This means there was exactly ONE washer available for the entire hotel. We ended up taking our laundry to a laundromat 4 miles away to wash clothes. An exterior door was not accessible with the card key and there was an "Out of order" sign the entire time.
There is not really a good common area for people to meet and relax. We ended up rearranging the tables in the breakfast area so the adults could visit but it was a very awkward space, not really meant to encourage lounging or relaxing.
The guest rooms did not have a good business area for people that needed to set up a lap top to work remotely. The wifi was also very spotty. One day my husband had to go to a Starbucks to get logged in to a work meeting because the wifi was constantly kicking him off.
The cleanliness and maintenance issues are all the fault of the general manager not wanting to provide enough staff or perhaps his compensation isn't enough to retain people. There is also no excuse for leaving a washer broken when you have guests needing to use it. For a single night stay on your way through town, this hotel would be sufficient. For longer stays, business needs - I would definitely not recommend.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tulsa South/Bixby, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Dear Julie H,

Thank you for your comprehensive review, highlighting not only the bad but also the good points of your stay. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I am glad to hear you found our location convenient. It was unfortunate to learn your stay was not as comfortable as it could have been due to the challenges you encountered. I would like to apologize that we fell below standards on this occasion due to the maintenance level of our facilities and room condition being below par. I have taken note of your comments regarding the internet service and will share this with the appropriate department for the purpose of bringing improvements needed. Please be assured that we are working hard to improve our product and would love for you to give us an opportunity to make up for your poor experience.

Again, thank you for your feedback and for staying with us. Have a wonderful day.

Connie D

Reviewed 24 March 2017

Where to begin. We were on spring break and on a budget with two kids, we went ahead and booked this hotel as it was only $75.30 a night and didnt seem to bad, this was a no cancellation booking. We checked in a little after three p.m. we were not greeted. Their was a lady on a computer next to the check in, however, from the back of her head we could not tell if she worked here or not. She finally turned around and said oh sorry, was not pleasant, after check in she advises the pool is closed for two days as a kid had an "accident". I know this is not under their control but no sorry for the inconvenience no nothing. I had to sign a no smoking waiver and was charged a $5 dollar destruction fee. We get to the room and there is a huge burn whole in our curtain! what did I just sign a waiver for because apparently they dont care enough to change this. I immediately called the front desk to let them know, she just said okay. Room was clean, however, little things like left over toothpaste on the bathroom counter, dusty. Every time we left and reentered we were not greeted, the lady didnt even put down her cell phone to smile. We called the 1-800 # to try and get moved to another holiday in and they advised that the hotel does not show the pool being closed, run around. Beds were not comfortable at all. Next morning it was a different set of people running the front, I am thinking one was higher up as she had a uniform on, both were not nice, looked to each other for answer regarding the status of the pool, we left and returned not greeted. came to the room and could not get into the using the key, used our neighbors phone to call and had to take the key back down to be reprogrammed? Why? On our last night we were actually greeted by a new person running the desk I wish I would have gotten her name, she was a whole lot better then every other person working. I have so much more but this is getting long. Point is We will never book here again and will pay extra for cancellation every time.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Tammy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tulsa South/Bixby, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2017

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. We usually do an incidental fee for $5 not an actual charge just authorize your credit card in case something is stolen or you charge any items out of our suite shop to your room. Sorry this was not explained to you. As for the pool,yes accidents happen and is out of our control. Will address all your issues with staff during our monthly meeting. This is not the way our hotel operates. Hoping you will give us another chance when visiting Tulsa.