“Pretty Darn Good for a Rodeway Inn”

Rodeway Inn & Suites East / I-44
Ranked #81 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed 9 June 2017

It's not often you come across a Rodeway Inn with an indoor pool! This one has one, plus other amenities like numerous HD TV channels (including the Golf Channel, thank you very much!), plus incredibly spacious rooms. The one I was in was more the size of a suite and had a king bed and sofa, and it was nice and clean. I was also impressed with the lobby area, and how friendly and helpful the staff seemed to be (Roy in particular).

If I were to mark down in a couple areas it would be for lack of yogurt and waffles at breakfast, although considering this is a Rodeway Inn, those items are not necessarily expected. I was also disappointed in the water pressure for both the sink and especially the shower. Not the worst shower you'll ever take, but definitely not the best. However, I will say the bed was very comfortable, which helped balance out against the shower in the category of creature comforts.

I get to Tulsa every couple years. If management doesn't change by the next time I'm in town, I'll definitely stay here again. It's a good stay for a reasonable price!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
RodewayInnTulsaOk, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn & Suites East / I-44, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2017

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m pleased that you had a generally good experience with us, but I’m very concerned that we didn’t live up to your standards or expectations. We take great pride in our hotel, and I hope that shows. We’re also always working to get better. I hope you will give us another chance and see that we’re doing what we can to improve and enhance the guest experience.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

A little difficult to find, you have to know where you are going. Neighborhood is not that great, but hotel is isolated from most of it behind a Kmart. Kids were swimming in the indoor pool when I arrived, but I didn’t use it. Parking lot had some trash in it. Room 115 smelled funny, like something was burned in it, but I couldn’t figure out what it was. The smoke detector had something wrapped around it so I am not sure it even worked. Bathtub had loose faucet and was stained from dripping water. AC worked great. Internet seemed OK, one lamp had loose cord so it flickered and unfortunately I plugged my laptop into it, and it didn’t work so it drained my battery. Lighting in bathroom was poor but it had a fridge and microwave. Bed was actually very nice; a little soft with a slight dip, but bedding was great. I slept so good I slept right through my alarm! Outdoor lock was broken on the door near the parking lot. The worst part was the smell which really turned me off, so I probably wouldn’t stay here again. I paid $45.89 plus 13.5% tax which was a great rate.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank jjctraveler
RodewayInnTulsaOk, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn & Suites East / I-44, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Rodeway Inn during your recent visit.
We are sorry that it wasn’t the pleasant experience as you expected.
Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated.
Upon receipt of your review, the cleaning and maintenance staff has been instructed to check the amenities and hygiene level and to ensure that they are in the best condition.
We have also taken pest control measures to the entire property.
We take our reviews very seriously and hope to see you again.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

I'd add another half star if I could but 4 seemed to generous. Don't get me wrong, this is a perfect spot for the price. Staff was very friendly and our room was clean. The area seemed a little shady but all was well.

Stayed: June 2016
RodewayInnTulsaOk, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn & Suites East / I-44, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2017

Dear Guest,

I appreciate your comments. I’m pleased you had a generally acceptable stay. For any ways we let you down, I apologize. You can be sure that nothing matters more to us than providing a great guest experience, and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 15 March 2017

"Upgraded" room was dirty and in disrepair. Beds were visibly lumpy with a large crater in one of them. The foot of the sleeper sofa was elevated significantly higher than the head. Pool was closed. The pool water was green indicating the pool has been closed for some time. Purchase was made through a "deal" site with a no refund policy after check in. Hotel clerk agreed to refund if we request it through the "deal" site. We submitted a refund request and are awaiting a response. After seeing another review about hidden fees, we will be watching our statement closely.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
RodewayInnTulsaOk, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn & Suites East / I-44, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2017

Dear Guest,

I’m terribly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations in some ways. We take real pride in this hotel and clearly let you down in this case. I hope you will forgive these lapses and try us again in the future to see how we normally do business. We very much value your business and apologize to you once again.

Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

I only stayed one night, but the place was clean and organized. Some stains on the sheets and pillows. The stairwells smelled like stale cigarettes. The sofas had just been replaced and the old ones were sitting out in front of the hotel. The place didn't look like much from the parking lot, but they had functional vending and ice machines, a working bathroom vent fan (I find many that don't), and a seating area with a coffee table. It was a friendly stay, and the price was superb!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
RodewayInnTulsaOk, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn & Suites East / I-44, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2017

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m pleased you had a good experience with us although I regret that we couldn’t completely satisfy you. We take real pride in our hotel, and I apologize if we let you down in any ways. We want you to have the best possible experience here, and we’re working toward complete satisfaction of all guests.