All reviews gilcrease museum booked hotel fitness center will stay there again downtown highway braun printer
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

You certainly get what you pay for here, but beggars can’t be choosers on a tight budget!
This location is perfect for a one night stay, passing through Tulsa on an extended road trip. The rooms are large, the beds are comfortable, there is free on-site parking and the value for money is excellent.
On the downside, it is a little out of the way (from the main tourist attractions), the traffic noise from the nearby freeway is considerable (although nothing a good pair of earplugs won’t fix!) and, the breakfast is extremely carbohydrate dense.
There is a McDonalds and Braun’s within 1 min walk from the hotel and the Gilcrease Museum is 5 min drive away.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank 4_Aussies_in_Texas
Angela M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Thank you for your review and your comments about breakfast! I will definitely look into what we can do to make sure all of our guests have what they need to get their days started right! I appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again the next time your driving through Tulsa!

Reviewed 9 January 2018

I was very pleased with this hotel. There were absolutely no downsides whatsoever, hence the 5-star rating.

I arrived in town a few hours before my scheduled check-in time, so I had to figure out how to kill a few hours. But my family member recommended I call them to see if it was possible to check-in early, and I was advised that it was totally fine! They were friendly from that first phone call, to the moment I checked out.

The location is excellent, parking is well-lit, and they provide free wifi for those who need it. "Braum's" (Ice Cream Shop & Burger Restaurant) is next door, and a QuikTrip convenience store is right across the street. Downtown is 5 minutes away, and expressway access is a breeze.

The rooms were nice and clean, and they even had an ironing board, Iron, microwave, and coffee pot in the room. There were also lots of TV channels, including HBO.

Best of all, was the Continental Breakfast, which consisted of delicious scrambled eggs, link sausages, make-your-won waffles, milk, juice, bread, cereals, and some other items. The breakfast was impressive, and a very friendly staff person kept it fully stocked.

This will be my designated hotel for any return trip.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Angela M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

On behalf of the entire team I would like to Thank You for your wonderful review! It is guess like you that that keeps us going. Thank you for letting other Travellers know about your experience and we'll see you again next time!

Angela Mobley

Reviewed 28 December 2017

I've stayed here twice, once in 2016 when it was a Comfort Inn and again in August of 2017. Have no complaints about either stay. The grounds are lovely. I love the fact that there is only one entrance and all people must enter and exit out of the front door. Just makes it feel safer.

Both times I stayed in a jacuzzi suite on the top floor with a balcony facing towards downtown Tulsa. The view of the skyline at night is gorgous. The view of the oil refinery leaves a little to be desired, as does the smell from it. but.....it is Tulsa after all.

Only minor incident was that this past stay, the cleaning staff did not lock the elevator button to the basement. I accidently hit "B" and went to get off the elevator thinking it was ground level and was greeted with a creepy looking dark hallway jammed with cleaning carts. No big deal, but it just kind of creeped me out. Kind of made me wonder if the outside door to the basement was locked. I have no complaints about the hotel itself but the mcdonalds, quicktrip and highway underpass seem to attract alot of shady looking characters. Thats the only concern I had about the possibility of the outside basement door being unlocked.

I'll definitely stay again and will keep requesting the same room. Very quiet and relaxing with a beautiful downtown view.

Room Tip: Request rooms on top floor with balcony facing downtown Tulsa for beautiful skyline view at night!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Thanks for thank you for letting me know about your concerns. I have shared your comments with the staff to make sure that this does not happen again! Your safety is always our number one concern. The basement door automatically locks if that makes you feel better. I hope to see you again the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Booked the hotel because of price and reviews here. I would honestly keep looking. I get why it's cheap.
It does look rough when you pull up, but it is ok.
It says non smoking but my curtains showed burn holes and black handprints on them. Balcony looked dirty. I kept hearing construction noises, even in the early hours of the morning. (2am!)
There was what appeared to be gum on the back of the door under the evacuation plan map. (Gross!)
Typical free hotel breakfast. Nothing special.
It's an ok hotel but I just think I'd keep looking next time.

Stayed: September 2017

Thank you for your review! I will make sure that I look into all of the concerns that you had about your stay so that no one else has the same first impression! we hope that if you're in the area again you will give us the opportunity to show you this is not the standard for our hotel.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Stayed overnight on a trip out west. The rooms were about what you expect; according to a staff member this was a former Holiday Inn hotel.

Reception area had no one there when I arrived, but they did show up fairly quickly. The did have a sign noting where they were though, which is a good policy.

The room was clean, the breakfast looked good, but I didn't try it as I was eating out with a friend, so skipped the opportunity.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

Thank you for your review hopefully next time you will get to enjoy the breakfast. We hope to see you again soon.